The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 28 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
Job No: 44644
- We offer a post of Accounts clerk. Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation.
- Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Accounts clerk - this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation.
- Under this job function the successful candidate will serve as support staff to assist the Delegation Accountant in the processing of financial and administrative documents under the supervision and responsibility of the relevant head of section.
- Liaise with the Delegation’s bank and monitor its bank account;
- Encode invoices into the Delegation’s accounting system and record financial data in appropriate software;
- Execute accounting transactions and follow-up outstanding and non-executed transactions;
- Make sure that financial, budgetary and contractual rules, procedures and deadlines are respected;
- Follow the consumption of commitment and payment credits;
- Assist in the preparation of reporting to the Headquarters;
- Assist in the preparation, finalisation and follow-up of the yearly budget;
- Assist in procurement procedures;
- Participate in the creation and optimisation of relevant accounting tools;
- Follow up, adjust and verify the execution of the authorised budget, in compliance with the financial regulations;
- Contribute to the preparation of budgetary documents and reports;
- Provide information and participate in presentations on financial and budgetary procedures;
- Entering the required data in the dedicated EU software
- Responding to Ex Post Control request
- Proper handling of Exception/Non-Compliance Notes
- Attending to Suppliers/Contractors on payments and on Legal Entity and Bank Account information
We are looking for a candidate with:
- Capacity to work in a multicultural team, showing good interpersonal skills;
- Good communication skills with both internal and external contacts;
- Capacity to analyse and structure information (notably numerical);
- Ability to prioritise and execute tasks in a timely and efficient manner, even when working under pressure and while respecting strict procedures;
- Sense of discipline, method, organisation and accuracy;
- High degree of responsibility
- Diploma in Accountancy or equivalent. Higher education and/or further training would be an asset.
- Minimum three years of proven work experience in contracting and/or financial & budgetary discipline. Previous experience in a diplomatic mission would be an asset.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent command of the local tongue, both written and spoken and excellent command of English both written and spoken. Good command of another European Language would be an asset.
- High level of computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet). Certification or diplomas on the Microsoft suite would be an asset.
Remuneration and Condition of Service
- The selected candidate will have to work full time in a multicultural environment.
- Gross remuneration will be fixed depending on the provided proof of years of relevant professional experience as foreseen by the EU Local Agents’ Framework Rules.
- We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application and supporting documents to the functional mailbox: Delegationemail@example.com with the subject heading: "Accountant clerk / Job no 44644" addressed to: the Head of Administration, Delegation of the European Union to the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The package should include a cover letter, a detailed CV - Europass Format , and a motivation letter.
- Applications received after the deadline or that do not conform to these instructions will be automatically rejected. Only candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted.
- The information and conditions related to this position are not legally binding, and may be subject to change before a contract is agreed.