Information Technology Job Vacancy at AB Microfinance Bank Nigeria Limited
Posted on: 10 January, 2017
Deadline: 13 January, 2017
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at AB Microfinance Bank
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
AB Microfinance Bank Nigeria Limited is a member of an international network of Microfinance Banks under Access Holding Microfinance AG(www.accessholding.com), with its Head office in Berlin, Germany.
The Group provides world class banking services to micro, small and medium enterprises and private individuals in Africa and Asia. It has been spreading out to other countries across the globe rapidly.
- Interact with our business and technology stakeholders to understand our business direction to ensure it informs our technology direction
- Establish architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing software systems
- Demonstrates critical understanding of technical architecture, data architecture, infrastructure, and IT operations
- Analyze risk and report problems in meeting system requirements.
- Provide supporting information to the Engineers to aid in the creation of a system specification.
- Assist Software Designer/Implementers with the creation of detailed software design specifications.
- Lead the review process for software architecture documents.
- Perform software version control and maintain periodic compilation schedule.
- Participate in the system specification review process to ensure system requirements can be translated into valid software architecture
- Comply with all applicable product development processes. Perform detailed software design as well as implements and/or maintains code according to duties and responsibilities
- Develop architectural solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
- Update knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications
- Develop tactical tool in order to streamline or bring more efficiency within processes
- Give support to other Software vendors on CBS interface or 3rd parties
- Support operations teams to ensure that our business services are performing optimally.
- Ensure system integrity, availability and confidentiality of all Enterprise solutions
- Deliver enterprise architecture that ensures business continuity of bank operations at any time.
- Business Knowledge Management:
- Be a key player in business process re-engineering within the department
- Maintain and develop knowledge of products, and processes of all IT assets
- Provide information about the products and processes in the bank
- Design innovative solutions to real market problems.
- Work closely with product and marketing managers, user interaction designers, and other software engineers to develop new product offerings and improve existing ones
- Minimum educational qualification: B.Sc. / HND in Computer Science, Software engineering or related discipline with cognate experience
- Minimum of five years of professional experience in a similar role and operational environment
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving database problems including database integrity, performance, blocking and deadlocking, replication, connectivity, security etc.
- DB Administration experience with MS SQL Server
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server including Clustering, Database Mirroring, Replication, and AlwaysOn Availability Groups
- Experience in web development, mobile development and object-oriented programming
- Knowledge of Software Development Process, Software Requirements, Software Design, Software Debugging, Software/System Documentation, Software Testing
- Must be organized, have an eye for detail, and be able to put ideas into a tangible form
- Audit/approve developers' change requests to existing tables, stored procedures, indices, constraints, triggers and views, as well as audit/approve new entries
- Knowledge of 3rd party DBA tools and applications (DB Admin)
- Experience supporting developers to troubleshoot and write effective SQL
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills and process-oriented approach to work
- A certified ISAQB would be an asset.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to AB Microfinance Bank career website on www.ab-mfbnigeria.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about AB Microfinance BankSimilar Jobs
- Medical Receptionist at Imisi Partners
- Latest Vacancies at the African Development Bank (AfDB)
- Internal Control Officers at Personal Trust Microfinance Bank
- Culture and Employee Engagement Officer at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- Zonal Manager at Wema Bank Plc
- Compl AML KYC Analyst 2 at Citibank Nigeria Limited
- Treasurers at United Bank for Africa Plc
- Property Manager at a Fast-Growing Company