GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Job Number: 2795320
Location: Port Harcourt
Business: GE Energy Connections
Business Segment: Energy Connections Grid Solutions
- Performs E&C & Maintenance and repair activities, on GRID Solutions recent & legacy products
Network & Links
- Internal: FS team, PM, tendering, Service Centers of Excellence, trainers
- External: Customer, suppliers, contractors
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
On Power Transformer:
- Erection & Commissioning
- Visual Inspection/ Thermographic inspection
- Functional tests : Winding and oil Temperature Indicators, Oil Level indicator, Flow Gauge/Sensors, Pressure Relief Device, Sudden pressure relay, Buccholz Relay, Pumps, Fans
- Electrical Tests : Excitation Current, Short Circuit Impedance, sweep frequency response analysis Tests, Dielectic response analysis, Insulation resistance, Transformer Power Factor and Capacitance, Bushing Power Factor and Capacitance, Bushing Hot Collar, Winding Ratio, Windings resistance, Surge Arrester Dielectric
- Maintenance : Minor/Major External Repair, Accessories change, Major Leakage repair, Bushing/Radiator/Valve/ Pressure Relief Device/Indicator Replacement, Fan/Oil Pump Maintenance, Oil Treatment
On Tap Changer:
- Visual Inspection:
- Functional tests: RS Relay , Matching positions, Pressure Relief Device, Oil Level indicator, Mechanism Box
- Electrical Tests: Winding Ratio, Static & Dynamic Resistance of OLTC
- Maintenance: Minor Maintenance / Major Maintenance (Draining, Linkage dismantling, Extraction of insertable body, Contacts Change, Resistor measure, Resistor Change, Cover Gasket changing)
Generator Circuit Breaker:
- Erection & Commissioning
- Visual inspection
- Functional Tests: SF6 level, SF6 Analysis, Relay Test
- Electrical Tests: Contact Resistance, mechanical operating test
- Maintenance: Cover dismantling, Lubrication of contacts for SKG and MKG, Tightening check, Cleaning, Interlocks (Electrical & Mechanical) check, Mechanical Commandof Desconnector, Casing Gasket changing, SF6 change, Contacts change, Linkage change
Organize the Site Activities:
- Prepare and organize the site activities for erection & Commissioning of equipment’s based on mission order from Operation Department
- Control the proper delivery and storage of equipment / material at site to avoid any loss or damage.
- Supervise the erection & commissioning works at site as per the work program.
- Control that installations are done as per the drawings / documents.
- Finalize the activities and ensure the follow up by validating with the Customer the action engaged (MoM for End of Mission)
- Successful candidate would be required to cover site across West Africa
- Responsible and accountable for the overall quality and integrity of the deployment of the build process for the Equipment installation / maintenance
- Ensure work on site comply with the documents and procedures so that, people and product safety, product reliability, are within highest and at least GE standard during all site execution
- Ensure implementation of factory quality rules for site work, (E/C, maintenance, repair, inspection,)
- Insure that all sub-contractors or partners are fully compliant with the site quality and safety plans
- Reduce non-quality costs
The Key Performance Indicator would be:
- Lost Time Incident Rate, Total Recordable Incident Rate, EHS compliance, MSV
- Integrity of site installation at HV test and Energisation; Respect of schedule; Timely submission of weekly reporting; Audit performance, cover ratio
Educational Requirements and Experience
- Degree in Electro-mechanical
- Master Degree in Electro-mechanical or Electrical Engineering would be an added advantage
- 3 years+ of experience in Field Service
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
- Operational(incl. Functional), Managerial and Leadership Know How
- Good English communication skills (oral & writing)
- Operational Know How (incl. Functional Know How) Mandatory Desirable
- Operational effectiveness/Accountability
- Communication with Transparency
- Please specify Functional Know-How below e.g. Finance competencies needed for financial positions, or project management Know-How needed project management roles.
- Engineering & design :
- Technical skills
- Training skills
- Project management awareness
- Managerial Know How Mandatory Desirable
- Ability to make decisions/Sense of urgency
- Motivating & inspiring
- Continuously managing & developing people
- Leadership Know How Mandatory Desirable
- Strategic Vision
- Convincing & Influencing
- Shaping & driving change
- Risk Management
go to method of application »
Job Number: 2774706
Business: GE Healthcare
Business Segment: Healthcare Sustainable Solutions
- The LCT Channel Sales Leader is accountable to grow sales revenue and margins for specific modality/product range through both direct and Indirect Channels.
- He/She will drive a coherent product differentiation and commercial strategy for their assigned modality range or segment and optimizes the use of resources in conjunction with next level Regional Sales Leader or Zone Manager to cover market potential for his/her product/product range or segment in order to achieve the Operating plan.
Key responsibilities include:
- Is accountable to achieve the quarterly and yearly Operating Plan targets for both direct and indirect channels.
- Is accountable for timely and accurate forecasting of pipeline and sales per the normal reporting cycles within the Modality and LCT.
- Sales Management & Coaching
- In conjunction with relevant Modality & LCT GMs, determine the market potential for their modality/ segments and prioritize the opportunities.
- In conjunction with Modality & LCT GMs and Channel Director, align territories to market potential and priorities and assign optimal direct and indirect sales resources.
- Is responsible to communicate appropriate operating plan targets based on their product market potential, for their PSS/PS/AS and Channel Partners within their geography.
- Is accountable to ensure compliance and execution of the Zone, LCT and Modality sales process and rules of engagement within their teams as well as between LCT Account Managers and Channel Partners.
- Is responsible to ensure that all PSS/PS/AS have clear opportunity management activity and call plans to ensure efficient coverage of decision makers and influencers.
- Is responsible to ensure that all direct and indirect teams utilize the required sales systems (SFDC, CPQ systems etc) to create pipeline visibility and assist accurate forecasting.
- In conjunction with LCT and Modality GMs, is responsible to drive optimal operating mechanisms to deliver on fulfillment targets and order backlog commitments.
- Is responsible to regularly have “infield coaching” sessions with each one of their team members on for example how to cover opportunities and territory, differentiating and presenting the value of product and managing opportunities. Provides regular, timely and productive development feedback.
- Create regular opportunities to involve the team to share best practices on opportunity management
- Coach and assist the PSS/PS with the differentiation of product offerings during the various stages of the sales process to actively move the customer through their decision making process towards a successful outcome for GE.
Channel Partner Management:
- Identify and create continuous bench of potential Channel Partners, recruit, qualify and facilitate thru appointment in conjunction with Channel Director/Manager
- On-board Channel Partner as per checklist and coordinate with respective P&Ls
- In conjunction with the Channel Director/Manager ensure training of channel partner sales force & coordinate with P&L product certification programs
- Accountable to evaluate Channel Partner effectiveness, launch and lead corrective actions and monitor performance of Partner
- Responsible in conjunction with Channel Director to coordinate GE support programs to the Channel Partners.
- Lead and manage appropriate Product/Segment/Commercial support resources to enable Channel Partner reaching set OP and growth/coverage targets.
- In conjunction with Channel Director/Manager Embrace and implement Channel Partner management best practices
- Continuously develop relationships with the senior management/owners within the Channel Partner and their sales team
- Manage relationships on day-to-day basis and provide transactional support
- Act as business development coach to grow the Channel Partner capability.
- Simplify the point of contact between GEHC and Channel Partner and proactively align internal GE resources to support Channel Partner
- Introduce and lead delivery of GEHC Channel Partner support programs and commitments
- Schedule joint sales calls with Channel Partner & relevant GE commercial teams as opportunities to coach and maintain relationships with the customer decision makers
- Create a culture of highest integrity and compliance within Channel Partner.
- Bachelor Degree or above.
- At least 5-7 years’ experience in Healthcare related sales or marketing or channel management with a strong record of account management success
- Strong business finance knowledge
- Successful experience in multi-stakeholder environment
- High ethics and integrity
- Fluent English and local language speaking
- Strong contracts, legal, commercial & negotiation skills
- Proven coordination and influencing skills to set and drive an agenda with third parties
- Customer focused mindset with proven ability to respond quickly to internal and external customer needs
- Strong business coaching experience
- Ability to build rapport, energize and influence people
- Analytical with exceptional ability to assimilate complex data and simplify solutions
- Interpersonal flexibility and tolerance
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria or Ghana
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required for Nigeria (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Strong expertise in local Healthcare Legislation and regulations
- Proven success in managing sales channels of multiple products in Healthcare equipment sales and flow business sales
- Direct and/ or indirect leadership experience
- MBA desirable, ability to analyze business models.
go to method of application »
Job Number: 2758521
Business: GE Power
Business Segment: Power Water & Distributed Power
- As part of the Middle East & Africa Engineered System (ES) Sales team, lead our water business in Nigeria to secure profitable business working closely with the broader GE Water leadership team.
- Develop and implement actionable sales strategies across all of the Engineered Systems Product Lines (UF/MBR, RO/ED, Thermal, BOO/Mobile)
- Manage sales channel success, mitigate business risk in using channel partners, and achieve 100% due diligence process completion and zero compliance misses.
- Support the Indirect Leader in executing Engineered Systems indirect strategy
- Effectively manage a large number of deals in all phases of the selling cycle from screening to prioritization to closing with an emphasis on closing by selling the value of our products and integration solutions.
- Achieve and deliver agreed target consistently through the year. Key metrics include Orders, Convertible Revenue and Cash.
- Provide accurate sales and revenue forecast as demanded by the organization/Regional Sales Leader.
- Develop a pipeline of well-qualified projects in the area, which will provide short, medium and long-term success.
- Understand customer’s needs, qualify leads, and work closely with Engineering and Commercial Operations to provide competitive solutions to customers.
- Interface with Product Marketing and other disciplines to leverage their expertise to create value proposition.
- Execute with compliance & integrity being a main driver for her/his activities.
- Provide prompt and responsive service to clients.
- Adhering to all internal procedures related to risk review stages and bid preparation.
- Assisting project engineers and project managers in preparation of bidding/execution hand-over procedures
- Achieving ongoing sales growth and profitability targets in the region selling the full portfolio of products and services
- B.Sc. in Mechanical/Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years field sales experience
- Minimum of 4-5 years total sales experience
- Water experience is a must, preferably in RO and MBR
- Demonstrated ability to manage in Matrix environment/organization.
- Demonstrated ability to meet schedule commitments.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to work with senior executive teams and senior government officials
- Ability to manage large, complex sales cycles
- Fluent in English
- Prior experience with customer specification review, proposal development, contract development and negotiations including equipment sales and consortium agreements is preferred
- Strong business acumen
- Knowledge of legal aspects and implications of contracts, terms and conditions, negotiation, etc to allow constructing contracts with minimizing risk
- Industry knowledge / competitive landscape understanding at a transaction level
- Ability to influence and lead cross functional teams
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale