Administration and Finance Manager at the Centre for Humanitarian Dialogue (HD)
Posted on: 9 January, 2017
Deadline: 16 January, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Centre for Humanitarian Dialogue
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Centre for Humanitarian Dialogue (HD) is a Swiss-based private diplomacy organisation founded on the principles of humanity, impartiality and independence. Our mission is to help prevent, mitigate, and resolve armed conflict through dialogue and mediation.
Job Type: 100%, one year fixed-term position
Start date: 1st February 2016
- Based in Abuja and reporting to the Senior Programme Manager for Nigeria, the Administration and Finance Manager will oversee field office accounting and finance as well as Human Resources and administration.
- S/he will support the Senior Program Manager and Project Officers in the preparation and follow-up of budgets and project audits.
His/her responsibilities will include:
- Setting up the administrative structure to support HD’s operations in Nigeria;
- Managing logistics, general administration and Human Resources, including supervising related administrative staff;
- Preparing the monthly office report package for the headquarters office ensuring that all financial transactions have adequate supporting documentation and signatures;
- Supporting the preparation of project budgets, forecasts and audits;
- Ensuring compliance to HD’s policies and procedures as well as adherence to HD’s internal controls;
- Reviewing, monitoring and following-up on donors requirements;
- Be responsible for payroll and payroll-related matters, and act as a liaison person with government agencies (tax / labour authorities, etc…);
- Co-ordinating and building the capacity of administrative staff, if applicable;
- Overseeing logistics and maintenance of the office, as well as; managing inventory and procurement processes;
- Organising travel arrangements for HD’s employees, consultants and invited guests, including flight books, transfers, visa applications, accommodation and meeting places.
- Degree in Finance and Administration;
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in a generalist function, managing accounting, Human Resources, and logistics;
- Knowledge of local Nigerian labour law and regulations as well as of the not-for-profit sector;
- Experience in payroll processing would be considered as an advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- Strong command of written and spoken English.
- The successful candidate should possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
- S/he should also be structured, flexible and detail-oriented.
- S/he should have excellent organisational skills as well as the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- S/he should be a team player, with the ability to work independently.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their resume (maximum 2 pages) with a short introduction to: firstname.lastname@example.org
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Centre for Humanitarian DialogueSimilar Jobs
- Consultants at The Civil Society Scaling-Up Nutrition in Nigeria (CS-SUNN)
- Job Vacancies at Malaria Consortium
- Job Openings at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Capacity Building Advisor at John Snow Incorporated (JSI)
- Fresh Vacancies at INTERSOS Nigeria
- Job Opportunities at The Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development (ACTED)
- Programmes Director - Nigeria at Amnesty International
- Psychologist at Neem Foundation