Coca-Cola is the most popular and biggest-selling soft drink in history. An icon of all times, Coca-Cola is the best-known product in the world.
Created in Atlanta, Georgia, by Dr. John S. Pemberton, Coca-Cola was first offered as a fountain beverage by mixing Coca-Cola syrup with carbonated water. Coca-Cola was introduced in 1886, patented in 1887, registered as a trademark in 1893 and by 1895 it was being sold in every state and territory in the United States. In 1899, The Coca-Cola Company began franchised bottling operations in and outside the United States taking Coca-Cola to consumers in other parts of North America and Europe and in subsequent years to other parts of the world.
JOB ID 38929
TRAVEL REQUIRED 10%
Interprets Volume/Value, Knowledge & Insights, Marketing Commercial and customer performance metrics and reaches informed conclusions on underlying trends and root causes.
Is able tidentify and summarize key issues and Identify inconsistencies and irregularities in market data and narratives Ensures consistency of Customer & Commercial reporting across the multiple franchise, BU and corporate stakeholders.
KEY DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
Commercial Data Analytics
Performance Tracking (20%)
- Capture business plan commitments by market across volume, revenue, K&I and commercial.
- Capture consumer marketing calendar and programs for the year
- Track and consolidate actual volume, revenue, K&I and commercial metrics
- Prepare weekly/monthly/quarterly narrative & performance presentation after resolving irregularities and inconsistencies.
- Prepare & update C&CL commercial metrics and narratives for key group and corporate stakeholders.
- Prepare & update BU, Group and Corporate C&CL operations dashboards
- Prepare Market and Commercial Insights as well as MacrEconomics summaries for all markets and categories
- Manage function budgets and financial obligations in partnership with finance.
Commercial Project Coordination & Collaboration (20%)
- Consolidate charters and plans for all key commercial projects and initiatives and ensure alignment with BU strategy.
- Consolidate updates from various commercial subject matter experts as well as franchise commercial managers against the committed plans.
- Liaise with IT function to setup online communication and collaboration workspaces, upload content and manage updates for the CCL team.
Customer Data Analytics (40%)
- Data collection and Analytics and Mining with narratives & performance presentation
- Ensure on time collection and reporting of data from all WABU Markets
- WABU Organized Trade franchise Volume/Revenue/Outlets Report – Monthly
- WABU top 30 Reports - Quarterly
- EAG top 15 Customers - Quarterly
- EAG top 30 Customers – Quarterly
- BULT Customer Performance Report - Monthly
Develop platform to Capture total organized trade volumes/ Revenues in WABU
Develop the scanning data module in the dashboard; collect organize scanning data from selected customers and develop reports tbe used in the monthly and quarterly reviews
Provides all the necessary support tthe Global Account teams (e.g. data analytics, market insights etc.)
Business Plan Development inputs and Adhoc (20%)
- Prepare Business Plan Schedules Metrics – Volume, Outlet creation, Cooler Investment, Outlet Segmentation, sales force etc capturing current reality vs. annual and strategic (3 year) business plans.
- Prepare Ad hoc BP schedules as required.
Ad hoc function requests
Prepare ad hoc analysis and presentations in support of CCL director as requested
Liaise with suppliers and bottlers.
Within The Company
- C&CL Subject Matter Experts, Franchise C&CL Managers (strategy insights, status updates, guidance, coaching)
- Franchise Manager, Operational Marketing Manager (market feedback, status updates)
- Marketing Associates (track deployment and execution of marketing programs)
- Sales Analyst (Track and report on volume performance)
Outside The Company
Bottler Middle Management (track execution of BBP commitments)
Bottler Customers, wholesalers and retailers (track execution of BBP in the trade)
JUDGMENT AND DECISION MAKING:
Is able to provide relevant and appropriate insights and recommendations based on a firm grasp of commercial principles, franchise current reality and operating context.
Read market data, provide analysis tleadership team for decision making.
QUALIFICATIONS / COMPENTENCIES / SKILLS:
- Technical Skills
- Development of administrative and operational reports and scorecards
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced skills in MS Excel, MS Power point and MS Project
- Working knowledge of building workgroup databases using MS Access or equivalent tools.
- Experience in setting up team collaboration workspaces on SharePoint or equivalent tools.
- Working knowledge of SAP Warehousing and Business Consolidation.
- Building Value Based Relationships, Manage Bottler Relationships at appropriate level
- Building Sustainable Organizational Capabilities
- Leveraging and Respecting Others
- Problem Analysis / Problem Solving
- Work in Teams
- Project Management Process
- Translate Information and Data
- Manage Budgets
RELATED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/ QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2-3 years experience within a FMCG Company. Functional experience within an operational function would be an advantage.
- Experience and/or training in information systems.
- Certification in MS Excel and/or MS Access.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics or Information Systems preferred.
Ability tbalance interaction at multiple levels from at times Bottler Middle Management tretailers requires cultural sensitivity.
Cultural diversity specifics will depend on assigned geography characteristics
JOB ID 38930
- Responsible for Brand P&L (all brands in Portfolio), accountable for delivering UC, NSR, DME and Brand Contribution goals, managing day-to-day, develop and ensure plan execution, implementing corrective/adjustment actions up/downside tmaximize monthly operating income.
- Develop and execute marketing and business strategies and integrated programs that maximize profitable, recurring volume growth and increase the long-term value of TCCC brands within the portfolio. Provide Marketing leadership tthe Nigerian TCCC system for identifying, creating and prioritizing profitable volume opportunities for the TCCC brand portfolio.
- Nurture an effective working relationship with West Africa Business Unit Strategic Marketing Manager, Stills – working within the strategic portfoliand brand growth framework provided while working collaborative with the Franchise and Nigerian Bottlers; ensuring proper field execution of marketing strategies.
- Lead, motivate and develop capabilities of the Nigerian Flavors & Stills Marketing team (2 people) while alsproviding coaching and mentoring throughout the West Africa Business Unit Marketing Community..
- Develop & Implement Strategic and Annual Business Plans tdeliver Nigerian Flavors & Stills Financial Objectives. (35%)
- Leverage K&I data sources tdevelop a deep understanding of the business environment, consumer behaviour, and brand performance; establishing a clear point-of-view on the current situation tanticipate potential developments & approaches that maximise short & long-term business growth.
- Work collaboratively with BU Central team tunderstand Global Best Practices & Strategic Frameworks; integrating all marketing efforts (advertising, promotions, experiential, marketing assets…) within a consistent overall Brand Marketing & Executional plan. Define marketing DME spending requirements and proper allocation across the Marketing mix elements tgrow Brand Love & drive transactions.
- Actively observe and ensure adherence tquality standards across all initiatives within the business plan. Ensure advertising executions meet agreed success criteria across business unit.
- Lead Bottler commitment tthe annual Flavors / Stills Marketing plan covering consumer and operational marketing objectives. (35%)
- Develop with the Bottler, through marketing operations teams, an effective implementation plan for all marketing activities; ensuring that both Price/Pack & PICOS In-Store Execution recommendations are adopted.
- Implement appropriate tracking procedures tensure proper execution of these activities; Monitor plan execution in consistency with TCCC standards; Ensure seamless consumer marketing information flow within the system (from/tBottler and within TCCC departments).
- Provide effective People Management & Marketing Community Development. (30%)
- Develop and manage Nigeria Flavors/Stills team (2 people) tsupport business objectives; providing on-going coaching and feedback timprove their performance & potential within the Marketing & Leadership Competencies. Conduct performance audit against agreed role description & competencies.
- Lead training & development of West Africa Marketing Community through leading “Lunch & Learns”, providing mentorship tjunior marketing associates, and other activities; building overall capabilities and performance of the Business Unit.
ORGANIZATION IMPACT/ INFLUENCE:
Extensive High Level Strategic / Operational Interaction with: Franchise MD, Stills GM, BU Marketing Director, BU Marketing Teams, Franchise Operations Teams, Bottler senior managers
Nature and Purpose of the Interaction: Develop and align marketing and business strategies and plans tdeliver sustainable system profit growth.
E.g. Responsible in the design of processes and activities, objective setting and follow up, performance evaluations, coaching & feedback, developmental plans, hiring, terminations.
Direct Reports ( Position Titles, not names): Assistant Brand Managers, Senior Brand Managers
Supporting Service: Commercial Finance Manager, Operations Marketing Teams, Knowledge and Insights Teams. Asset Teams, Advertising Teams, Media Teams
RELATED JOB REQUIREMENTS/ QUALIFICATIONS:
- Leadership Behaviors: Leader of Others
- Drive Innovation - Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business (encompassing everything from continuous improvement tnew product and package innovation)
- Collaborate with the System, Customers and Key Stakeholders - Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders tappropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- Act Like an Owner - Deliver results, holding self & their team accountable for creating business value (TCCC & System)
- Inspire Others - Inspire people tdeliver the business vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason tbelieve anything is possible
- Develop Self and Other - Develop self and support others’ development tachieve full potential
- Manage PortfoliMarketing & Commercial Mix
- Track/Analyze K&I Data Sources and Extract Consumer, Shopper, & Business insights
- Develop & Communicate Performance Reports both internally & externally tstakeholders
- Develop Financially rigorous Business Cases; anchored in System Value Chains and End-2-End actions
- Develop & Manage Price/Pack scenarios and OBPPC Shopper solutions
- Develop Annual Business Plans; integrating Communication Strategies & Media/Connection Strategies
- Lead New Brand Development Process – from concept inception tafter action reporting
- Build People Management: Use of Tools; Developing Skills through Coaching
- Build Bottler relationships – collaborating on ideas, securing Bottler Integration, and on-going learning
- Manage Internal Stakeholders – BULT, MLT, & FLT – identifying needs & managing accordingly.
10 years job experience, at least 5 years marketing in FMCG industry. Some General Business Management skills would be advisable.
Has worked most of his/her career in a collaborative working situation, in which different viewpoints from a range of stakeholders needed tbe taken intaccount tarrive at a productive solution.
Business issues (full spectrum) – all brands and categories
People issues (full spectrum)
25% Travel – mostly within Nigeria, occasionally beyond.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.