Communications Role at The Cece Yara Foundation
Posted on: 4 January, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Cece Yara Foundation
The Cece Yara Foundation is a child-cantered, not-for-profit organisation established to promote a safe childhood for children; access to care, information, protection and emergency intervention for children who are sexually abused or at risk, and their non-offending family members. We focus on preserving the joyfulness of an innocent childhood by upholding the rights of the child as enshrined in the Nigerian Child’s Rights Act and the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.
The Communication & Public Relations Specialist will carry the dynamic voice of the Cece Yara Foundation, positioning the Foundation as the premier child sexual abuse prevention and therapy organisation. She/he is responsible for writing and assisting in the development and implementation of all communication and public relations; creating and maintaining writing and messaging standards for staff and volunteers; and developing materials to be shared with the public. She/he will also cultivate and sustain positive relations with local and regional media and partners.
- Develop, review, and enhance content for print, electronic and social media to communicate information to general public, staff and volunteers.
- Maintain the foundation’s clear, inspiring and upbeat voice through newsletters, brochures, Web content, social media, annual report and more.
- Create or modify writing style guidelines for the foundation and provide training to staff as needed.
- Develop and implement all of the Foundation’s PR strategies.
- Generate news releases and communicate to the media.
- Prepare and provide talking points to appropriate staff, and volunteers for interviews across all media formats.
- Track, monitor and evaluate PR strategies and media impressions.
- Build and expand media contacts and raise visibility of the foundation in Lagos state and Nigeria at large.
- Manage and mentor community relations volunteers; update and enhance their training materials.
- Assist with crisis communication strategies and respond to sensitive issue inquiries as needed.
- Work with the foundation to identify ways to use messaging to increase adult commitment to child protection.
- Assist in publicising and reinforcing the child helpline number through copywriting, research and analysis
- Accept additional duties and responsibilities as directed.
Qualifications and job requirements:
- Degree in Communication, Public Relations, Journalism, or related field desired.
- Minimum 3–5 years’ experience in professional writing or field related to writing and/or public relations.
- Possess expert writing and proofreading skills, with an emphasis on copywriting, technical writing and press releases.
- Highly creative, detail-oriented, accurate, organised, analytical, flexible and able to meet deadlines
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively internally and externally, with peer and executive levels, and with children and volunteers.
- Ability to work and cooperate on all levels as a team member.
- Demonstrate a commitment to recognise and respect the many forms of diversity.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Cece Yara Foundation career website on ceceyarafoundation.has-jobs.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Cece Yara FoundationSimilar Jobs
- Logistics Project Manager at Solidarites International
- Fresh Job Opportunity at the Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH)
- Latest Job Opening at Médecins du Monde
- Job Opportunity at The Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Job Opening at the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- Program Assistant at Abt Associates
- Job Opportunity at Transparency International
- Job Openings at Save the Children