Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs for improved Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH), HIV/AIDS Programme especially community HIV intervention, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria. ARFH offers professionals, opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration. ARFH has been a Principal Recipients to the Global Fund since 2007 and currently coordinates the Community Component of the HIV grant on the New Funding Model. We seek applications from qualified persons for the following positions on the Global Fund Community System Strengthening Project in Lagos State:
The Officer will report to ARFH GF HIV Project Coordinator and will have the following responsibilities:
- Ensure effective technical lead for all CSS programme implementation activities in Lagos
- Work with the team to bring out effective implementation strategies that will engender achievement of grant objectives
- Provide technical support through oversight visits, coaching, mentoring and integrated supportive to other staff and partners on the project.
- Coordinate project activities and ensure all activities are implemented according to the approved budget and workplan
- Provide leadership in the development of monthly/quarterly implementation work plans on the project.
- Identify key project risks, implementation and capacity gaps and provide/recommend appropriate mitigation plan.
- Provide guidance to other staff and CBOs in the documentation of success stories and best practices
- Establish and maintain relationship with the relevant coordination bodies and line ministries to promote advocacy priorities on the CSS project.
- Represent the organization in various high level technical meetings with governmental bodies, stakeholders and donors.
- Participate in development process of donor proposals – log frames, narratives and budgets
- Applicants must have a University degree in the social sciences with Master’s degree in Public Health or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience on donor funded HIV/AIDs especially community HIV intervention, HIV Counselling & Testing for pregnant women and general population.
- Applicant should also possess grant management experience at a NGO level.
go to method of application »
The officer will report to the State Programme Lead and will be charged with the following responsibilitiess:
- Responsible for the implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities in the LGAs of implementation
- Work with the State Programme Lead to ensure that monitoring and evaluation activities are conducted appropriately by CBOs to meet the donor and project’s M&E needs.
- Participate in State Monitoring and Evaluation Technical Working Group
- Support the development and design of the M&E framework, tools and project M&E plans.
- Provide continuous technical assistance on data management to CBOs and the SR.
- Ensure regular maintenance of database/information system.
- Supervise the key activities of CBOs for compliance to the M&E plan
- Conduct routine monitoring visits to project sites, including the conduct of data verification and validation and data quality assessments (DQAs).
- Participate in project assessments, evaluations and design teams, and conduct operational research activities.
- Analyze data to make informed decision and publication in peer review journal
- Degree in Social Sciences/medical field with at least 3 years post National Youth Service experience in community HIV intervention.
- Experience in HIV Programming, community testing, HIV non-health sector data management, community education on HIV and CBO management.
- Also, preferred are knowledge of public sector data management, M and E system strengthening for NGOs/CBOs and collaborative relationship and liaison with community leaders and state partners.
- Excellent computer skills in Ms Office suite and use of DHIS is compulsory.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job; to firstname.lastname@example.org on/or before 5th January,2017. Please indicate the title of post applied for in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees. Candidates must also provide functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of the referees.
Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale