ARM is Nigeria's largest non-bank financial institution. We are a diversified and integrated asset management Company with primary interest in traditional asset management, and specialised funds across major sectors. ARM currently manages total assets of circa N727billion; has an AA rating from Agusto and Co. and was named Best Fund Manager, Nigeria by Capital Finance International. The Firm is regulated by the Nigerian Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). ARM is headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria with offices across the country.
The HR Officer would support the Human Resources Function by assisting in coordinating HR policies, processes, and relevant documents.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The core duties for this role are:
- Recruitment/New Hire Process
- Participating in recruitment efforts
- Posting job ads and organizing resumes and job applications
- Scheduling job interviews and assisting in interview process
- Collecting employment information
- Ensuring background and reference checks are completed
- Preparing new employee files
- Overseeing the completion of compensation and benefit documentation
- Onboarding new employees to the organization (setting up a designated log-in, workstation, email address, etc.)
- Maintaining current HR files and databases
- Updating and maintaining employee benefits, employment status, and similar records
- Maintaining records related to grievances, performance reviews, and disciplinary actions
- Performing file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained
- Completing termination paperwork and assisting with exit interviews
Other responsibilities include:
- Assisting with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties
- Providing administrative support to Human Resources Supervisors
- Coordinating HR projects (meetings, training, surveys etc) and take minutes Dealing with employee requests regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations
- Assisting in payroll preparation by providing relevant data (absences, bonus, leaves, etc)
- Properly handling complaints and grievance procedures
The successful candidate must have the under listed skills and abilities:
- Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve them in a timely manner
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and orally, as to communicate with employees, members of the HR team, and in group presentations and meetings
- Must be able to effectively read and interpret information, present numerical data in a resourceful manner, and skillfully gather and analyze information
- Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities so as to use time efficiently
- Must be organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and must be able to improve performance through management feedback
- Must have commercial acumen and sound HR generalist knowledge
- Must have ability to demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality
- Good multitasking capabilities
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and other spreadsheet applications
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- A good first degree in Human Resources or a Social Sciences Course
- Membership of a relevant HR professional organization (CIPM, SHRM, CIPD etc.) will be an added advantage
go to method of application »
The Commercial Trust Advisor/Business Development Officer is responsible for monitoring and ensuring the compliance of Trustee duties and obligation(s) to all existing commercial trust mandates in accordance with existing regulations. He/She also ensures effective relationship management of our clients, joint professional parties, other transaction parties, regulators and Capital Market Operators.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The responsibilities and roles for this job are as follows:
- Monitors and ensures compliance of the Trustees’ duties and obligation to all existing commercial trust mandates in accordance with the provision and requirement of the ISA, SEC Rules, TIA, CAMA and other related regulation.
- Peruse and review existing and prospecting transaction documents in consonance with other parties including but not limited to Trust Deeds, Prospectus, Programme and circular in State and Corporate Bond, Project Financing, Loan Syndication, Debenture, Legal Mortgage, title documents, Trust deed and Tripartite agreements.
- Document, register, hold in safe custody and coordinate the perfection (where required) of security documents and title documents of existing transactions with the appropriate statutory authorities.
- Effective relationship management of our clients, joint professional parties, other transaction parties, regulators and Capital Market Operators.
- Liaising and coordinating services of external solicitors’ to the company’s on-going transactions to ensure quality and timely delivery.
- Liaising with the relevant units to ensure investment of funds under management on existing transactions are made in accordance with permitted investment guidelines and to ensure maximum return to the company’s finance.
- Ensures company's compliance to all regulatory requirement(s) and liaises with the relevant Units to ensure that requisite returns to the appropriate regulatory Agencies are submitted as at when due.
- Market intelligence gathering, business information sourcing, industry related research, willingness to participate in Capital Market review committees.
- Ability to travel extensively and timely to all six geo-political zone in Nigeria and designated destinations outside the Nigeria.
- Business development through meetings, proposal, verbal pitching and effective use of presentation slides to communicate concisely the services rendered by the Company
- Negotiate fees, services rendered, terms of engagement and 3rd party vendors with prospecting clients and existing clients.
- Ensures prompt and successful execution of ongoing transactions and closure of prospective mandates
- Ensures visibility of Company through written communication, deployed social skills, deliberate networking and sustained poised appearance always.
- Research and write on trending industry issues, public financial management, corporate financial funding structure and fiscal policy
- Any other such legitimate duties as may be required from time to time
The successful candidate for this role should have:
- Minimum of 3 – 8 years’ experience in Trust business or capital market legal transactions
- Experience working in a Trust company or commercial focused law firm
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Other requisite legal qualifications will be an added advantage
The successful candidate would work in ARM Trustees (a subsidiary of the ARM Group).
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale