Communications and Marketing Officer at Disability Aid Organisation
Posted on: 22 December, 2016
Deadline: 31 January, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Disability Aid Organisation
Disability Aid Organisation is a registered Non-Governmental Organisation that is committed to improving the lives of persons with disabilities.
- It is the core responsibility of the Public relations and marketing executive to build and manage relationships with groups and individuals that influence our organization.
- This is with the ultimate goal of having a strong public presence, expanding our organisations frontiers and creating new opportunities for growth.
- The executive is also responsible for the planning, development and implementation of all of the Organization’s marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Identify main client groups and audiences and determine the best way to communicate publicity and marketing information to them.
- Develop and implement PR strategies that will broaden goals and project reach while deepening impact
- Organising promotional projects and events such as forums, fundraising, conferences, involvement in community initiatives, press conferences, open days, exhibitions, tours and visits
- Developing, designing, writing, review, and enhance content for print, electronic and social media and maintain a clear, inspiring and upbeat voice for newsletters, brochures, Web content, annual report, promotional videos and more
- Sourcing and managing speaking and sponsorship opportunities;
- Provide relevant training to staff as needed for PR purposes.
- Generate news, presentations and press releases to be communicated to media vendors
- Build and expand media contacts and raise visibility of council in the community
- Planning publicity strategies and campaigns.
- Writing, producing and dealing with enquirers from the public, the press, and related organisations and providing clients with information about new promotional opportunities and current PR campaigns progress.
- Degree in Communication, English, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism any of the Social Sciences or related field is desired.
- A Minimum 2 years’ experience in professional writing or field related to writing, public relations and/or content generation and writing(Excellent writers and communicators without relevant experience will be considered).
- Candidates MUST possess expert writing and proofreading skills, with an emphasis on copy writing, technical writing and press releases) Superior writing and editing skills and the ability to write for a variety of audiences in a variety of formats (electronic and print).
- Candidate MUST be an excellent and eloquent communicator who possesses the ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally to different audiences.
- Extremely social media savy.
- A good event planner and project coordinator.
- Highly creative, detail-oriented, accurate, organized, analytical, flexible and able to meet deadlines with fantastic follow up skills.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work and cooperate on all levels as a team member.
- Demonstrate a commitment to recognize and respect the many forms of diversity and must have a passion for disability.
Remuneration and benefits
Method of Application
Applicants should send their detailed CV's, Cover Letter and Writing Sample, (Preferably a copy of a published article) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Disability Aid OrganisationSimilar Jobs
- Senior Field Officers at New Incentives
- Institutional Development Manager at Coffey International Development
- Director at the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Food Security & Livelihood Officer at Save the Children Nigeria
- Communications Interns at Education as a Vaccine
- Job Openings at The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Job Vacancies at The Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
- Latest Vacancies at The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)