Job Vacancy at Morgreen Nigeria Limited
Posted on: 22 December, 2016
Deadline: 6 January, 2017
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at Morgreen Nigeria Limited
Morgreen Nigeria Limited - A provider of asset integrity management, Engineering, Construction, Installation,Marine procurement & Supply and Consultancy Services.
Location: Port Harcourt
Job Purpose / Objective
- To serve as our client’s focal person at the air and sea ports to foster smooth processing of export and import cargoes through the Nigerian Customs Service and other regulatory bodies.
- Ensure complete and correct documentations relevant for customs-clearing are received by our client’s clearing agent before arrival of flight/vessel.
- Monitor arrival of vessels, flights and manifest submission by our client’s appointed clearing agent.
- Follow up on any issues that may arise during custom clearing processes and ensure that these are escalated to relevant person for resolution.
- Ensure that the examination conducted on our client’s cargo by Nigerian customs is done professionally without damages to the cargo.
- Ensure that regulatory requirements for customs clearance from other regulatory bodies i.e. NAFDAC, SON, NSA at the Ports are complied with and assist freight forwarder to resolve issues.
- Prepare documents and liaise with ERG for the processing of permits for NAFDAC and NSA.
- liaise with Airlines/shipping companies/freight forwarder for all lost and or short landed cargoes and ensure they are closed out in line with relevant procedures.
- Monitor cargo clearing activities of the Freight Forwarding Contractor and ensure they comply with pm-agreed SLAs
- Prepare Air and Sea weekly status reports for presentation during weekly operations meeting
- Monitor and ensure prompt Customs duty payments with the banks and other relevant parties
- Advice on security and safety of our client’s cargo at the ports.
- Bachelors Degree or HND from a recognized Institution of Higher Learning (Additional qualification is an advantage)
- Minimum of 5 years post-graduation working experience, three (3) of which must have been in cargo clearing and forwarding.
- Good IT skills with proven knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ports operation and cargo clearing protocol, Custom Regulations and use of Asycuda
- Transport and supply chain management
- Good communication and relationship Management skills
- Candidate must be of high integrity and have excellent work ethics
- Not mom than 45 years old.
Method of Application
Applicants should forward their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Morgreen Nigeria LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Off Grid Mobile Finance Access Advisor at Tetra Tech
- Job Vacancies at Hausba Smarthomes Limited
- General Manager- Administration at Hamilton Lloyd And Associates
- Storekeepers at Stag Engineering Nigeria Limited
- Business Development Executives at Smartflow Technologies Limited
- Chief Information Officers at Fircroft Nigeria
- Business Development Managers at Pedini-Bosch Nigeria Limited
- Marketing Executives at McDorsey Service Company Limited