Plan International is an independent child-centered international development organization committed to advancing the rights of children and fight against poverty. Plan has no religious, political and government affiliation. For over 78 years, we have supported girls and boys and their communities around the world to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to claim their rights, free themselves from poverty and live positive fulfilling lives. Plan currently works in 70 countries including Nigeria.
Plan International officially started operations in Nigeria in 2014 and works to strengthen and promote the rights of children. Our programme is currently focused on basic education; improve community health services, youth and citizens’ participation in governance and creating economic opportunities and livelihoods for the poor, building resilient communities through our emergency and humanitarian response in the Northeast. Plan Nigeria works with communities, civil society organizations, development partners, government at all levels and the private sector. Our Humanitarian Response Program is looking for people who are experienced, dedicated, have passion and want to make a difference in the lives of people
Reports to: Field Coordinator
Duration: 6 Months with possibility of extension
Location: Plan International Nigeria, Mubi Office
The purpose of this role is to co-ordinate M&E and CPIMS activities of the Field Offices of Plan International Nigeria’s Emergency response programmes in the Northeast of Nigeria in line with
International best practices and relevant guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advise Humanitarian Unit on all aspects of security, management issues and trends in the North East
- Support the development and implementation of program M&E plans to capture project performance and results, including data reporting, assessments, and all monitoring and evaluation activities
- Support the development and data flow pattern for program that will ensure timely data collection and reporting
- Support to ensure that M&E-specific elements of local partner capacity strengthening plans are successfully implemented
- Report results of M&E activities by providing written documentation about progress toward achieving indicators/targets, as appropriate
- Provide leadership at field office level on M&E to ensure the program technical integrity to achieve program goal and corresponding objectives and targets
- Ensure high-quality implementation, in close collaboration with the Field based team, sector Specialists and the M&E Manager, and consistency in protocols, information and reporting systems
- Lead efforts at field office level to monitor and evaluate project interventions, document results and provide feedback to stakeholders to guide decision-making
- Lead efforts to utilize training monitoring systems to track and monitor trainers and participants at training events to facilitate follow-up and recordkeeping
- Utilize the training data collected to inform strategic decision-making and project planning
- Support targeted evaluations and operations research, including design, data collection, management and analysis
- Ensure quality of data through data verification procedures, including routine data quality audits
- Cultivate strategic M&E relationships and alliances, and represent M&E activities in public and professional circles through meetings, conferences, and presentations
- Support to ensure relevant data is entered into organization-wide data management system designed to capture, analyse, and disseminate project data
- Support the dissemination of project information among the project team
- Facilitate M&E capacity-building activities with project staff and implementing partners
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors’ degree and 5 years of work experience in monitoring and evaluating large multi-year international development programs, with a robust M&E component. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, research, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis and presentation.
- Demonstrated strong management, coordination, teamwork and planning skills with proven ability to function effectively with multiple counterparts in private, public and NGO sectors.
- Strong understanding of M&E, policy and compliance requirements.
- Familiarity with M&E for protection projects including the Child Protection Information
- Management System (CPIMS)
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English including excellent facilitation skills and demonstrated technical writing skills for publication.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Strong technical skills, including ability to process and analyse data using one or more statistical software packages
Physical Environment and Demands:
Frequent travel to field/communities to coordinate project activities
Level of Contact with Children:
High contact- the job responsibilities of this position require the post holder to have medium to low contact with children. It is expected that children shall be protected at all times.
Method of Application
Please submit a full CV and a comprehensive cover letter setting out your reasons for applying for the post and outlining the qualifications, experience, knowledge and skills that you feel you can bring to the role to: Nigeria.Recruitment@Plan-international.org within 8 days of publication. Indicate the Job title and location as subject of the mail., only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer ad does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities.
Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.