Nigeria Education Crisis Response is a USAID-funded project aimed at supporting Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Gombe and Yobe states to expand access to quality, relevant non-formal education and alternative education opportunities for internally displaced persons (IDP) children, as well as out- of-school children in host communities, aged 6 to 17 at target locations.
Project Duration: 10 Months.
Positions Start Date: Immediately
Reporting: Reports to the Security & Operations Manager (Bauchi)
The Senior Procurement Officer: will be responsible for reviewing overall procurement processes, tracking procurements of goods and services through the procurement cycle, ensuring that adequate competition is achieved for procurements, and providing regular procurement mentoring to project staff to support project implementation.
- Maintain comprehensive procurement files, including solicitations, proposals, evaluations, award documents, official contracts and correspondence on all procurements, following policies and local law.
- Supervise and verify the procurement of materials according to the or needs of the project.
- Design and prepare Terms of Reference and/or technical specifications for procurements, in collaboration with the project team.
- Ensure presentation of sufficient selection that meets requirements of quality assurance, delivery, and transparency.
- Process procurements according to respective rules and regulations.
- Compile and review budgets, solicited quotations, negotiations, and analysis to recommend vendors for delivery of goods and materials to grantees.
- Verify deliveries are complete and done in a timely manner.
- Coordinate procurement activities of other project states of Gombe, Yobe and Borno.
- Supervise to ensure prompt update of the IDMS.
- Provide oversight checks on project vehicles management and also keep up-to-date vehicle maintenance files for each vehicles.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in a relevant field.
- Minimum of five years of work experience is required with three years of experience directly relevant to procurement.
- Work experience on a USAID or donor funded project is desirable.
- In addition, must have 2+ years of supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated capacity to handle high-priority procurements.
- Excellent timekeeping skills and ability to independently manage deadline-oriented tasks.
- Advanced knowledge of Spoken and Written English required.
Method of Application
Applicants should send in a current Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities AND cover letter to the "Human Resources Manager" through the email: Recruitment-NECR@creativeworldwide.com
- Applicants should indicate the Job Position and Location as the subject of their applications and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
- Creative Associates International is an equal opportunity employer.
- Females as well as indigenes of Bauchi Gombe and other northeastern states are encouraged to apply.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale