Finance Career Opportunity at The Coca-Cola Company
Posted on: 22 December, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at Coca-Cola
The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) is the world's largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
Job ID: 38692
Job Type: Full Time
Travel Required: 25%
- At The Coca-Cola Company, our people have their own formula for turning passion into action.
- Together, that's how we push the world's greatest brands to new heights. What's your secret formula?
- As Legal Entity Controller for West Africa you will serve as a multi-country Controller, based in Lagos, Nigeria, primarily responsible for the end-to-end accounting and reporting of US GAAP, statutory accounting and tax compliance for entities within the West Africa Business Unit (WABU).
- In this role you need to have a holistic view of the Coca-Cola business, providing financial advice and strategy to stakeholders considering the Finance ‘triangle model’ (i.e., Corporate, BU/CPS, and GBS), the regulatory environment, cost and value, continuous process improvement to find productivity, standardization and scaling impact, as well as the sustainability of business models and propositions.
- You will be a key local Global Finance Operations (GFO) business partner for the WABU Leadership.
- Lead the delivery of compliance with US GAAP, IFRS and all local statutory accounting regulations, as well as company accounting policies while safeguarding the resources of the company, by enforcing internal controls and Company policies.
- Drive effective business partnership routines with WABU enabling them to meet their business goals.
- Proactively partner with clients to identify process and service improvements.
- Liaise with BU Finance and GBS Process Team Management to ensure all financial transactions are recorded appropriately.
- Collaborate with Corporate Tax, Corporate Treasury and Controllers Group to ensure that the relevant WABU entities fully comply will all tax and financial regulatory requirements.
- Continuously develop the team (1 direct report), by providing challenging career opportunities while also providing coaching and mentoring. Engage and inspire them to be the best they can be.
- Formulate plans and objectives for the team and drive performance against objectives.
- Apply operational excellence / lean management tools to make continuous improvements to processes.
What you need to be successful:
- 8 years of relevant experience, with at least 5 years Finance / Accounting experience in the Coca-Cola System or multinational environment. Shared services experience is an advantage.
- Accounting qualification or accounting-adjacent qualification from a recognized Accounting body (Chartered Accountant, ACCA, CIMA, and CPA) or university.
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP and other accounting standards.
- Strong management skills. Proven ability to influence operating activities and processes that are outside of your direct control.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, in fluent Business English.
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence across teams based in multiple geographies.
- Experience in advancing and operating a high-quality internal controls environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize and take a proactive approach solving problems.
- Proven track record of managing projects and delivering results.
- Ability to effectively manage a team.
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, and hard working.
- Track record of closely partnering and driving change in concert with corporate management, specifically related to global processes and systems.
- Commitment to leading and driving continuous improvement in client service.
- Drive Innovation
- Collaborate with System, Customers and Key Stakeholders
- Act Like an Owner
- Inspire Others
- Develop Self and Others
What You Can Expect
- Being part of a team with Great Spirit and energy.
- Possibility to gain experience in process transition and Operational Excellence processes.
- Full time employment and a competitive benefits package combined with development opportunities.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Coca-Cola career website on careers.peopleclick.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Coca-ColaSimilar Jobs
- Accountant at Showers Kiddies Publishers Limited
- IT Analyst at FrieslandCampina
- Fresh Jobs at All Queen's Kitchen Limited
- Marketing Manager at Literamed Publications Nigeria Limited (Lantern Books)
- Latest Vacancies at Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Cost Accountant at Elevantix Consulting Limited
- Job Opportunities at a Leading FMCG Company - Hays
- Farm Manager at Elkris Foods Nigeria Limited