If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
The association leads in average 190 projects by year in the following sectors of intervention: food security, health, nutrition, construction and rehabilitation of infrastructures, water, sanitation, hygiene and economic recovery. PUI is providing assistance to around 5 million people in 20 countries - in Africa, Asia, Middle East, Eastern Europe and France.
Job ID: #1832049
Our action in the field
PUI is present in Nigeria since April 2016, and wishes to cover the needs of crisis affected people in Borno State, and particularly in Maiduguri city.
In order to perform the objective mentioned above, Première Urgence Internationale aims to develop a comprehensive integrated approach, targeting the people’s needs in Food Security, Health, Shelter and WASH.
- The Reproductive Health Officer provides technical support to PUI activities in Nigeria, in order to strengthen capacity and quality of Sexual and Reproductive Health activities in our areas of intervention.
- Programs: He/She ensures that Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) activities are in line with PUI health policy and intervention framework, international and national recommendations. He/She provides technical support for the implementation of RH activities in the PHC and MHT in collaboration with the program managers.
- Human Resources: He/She provides capacity building and technical support on RH to health staff at the PHC and MHT in collaboration with the program managers.
- Logistics and Administration: He/She ensures compliance of activities falling under his/her responsibility with logistical and administrative procedures.
- Representation: He/She represents the association before partners, authorities and local actors involved in SRH when required.
- Safety: He/She contributes to efforts aimed at ensuring compliance with safety rules at the site, and transmits all information relating to safety concerns to his/her immediate supervisor.
- Strategy: He/She contributes to the development of new interventions on the basis of identified needs.
Training and experiences
- Qualified Midwife or Nurse with SRH experience
Knowledge and skills:
- Good writing skills
- Knowledge of Project Management
Required Personal Characteristics:
- Ability to work independently while keeping team spirit oriented behaviour
- Ability to withstand pressure
- Open-minded & diplomatic skills
- Analytical & Strategic skills
- Capacity of organization and management of priorities
- Proactive and trouble-shooting skills
- Ability to work and manage issues professionally and with maturity
- Ability to integrate the local environment into operations, in its political, economic and historical dimensions
- Employed with a Fixed-Term Contract - 4 months
- Minimum duration of commitment: 4 months
- Starting date: December 2016
- Monthly gross income: from 1 815 up to 2 145 Euros depending on the experience in International Solidarity + 50 Euros per semester seniority with PUI
- Cost covered: Round-trip transportation to and from home / mission, visas, vaccines…
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accommodation
- Daily living Expenses (« Per diem »)
- Break Policy: 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy: 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Applications (Resume and Cover Letter) to "Romain Gautier, Human Resources Officer" for Expatriates at: email@example.com with the following subject: "ReproHealthOff-NGA".
Click here for more informations (pdf)