Field Officers at Christian Aid (CA)
Posted on: 21 December, 2016
Deadline: 28 December, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Christian Aid
Christian Aid (CA) is a UK-based international NGO, partnering with others to end poverty in Africa. At the heart of this vision is the transformation of the lives of people who live in poverty, empowering them to have a brighter future. Christian Aid works in more than 30 countries and has been operating in Nigeria since 2003. The Nigeria Country programme focuses on Community Health and HIV, Accountable Governance including humanitarian response and Gender.
Location: Maiduguri and/or Konduga Nigeria
Reports to: Project Manager
- To support Christian Aid’s development, implementation and monitoring of a 2 month WFP food distribution project.
- Based in Borno state (Maiduguri/Konduga) the role is part of the wider Nigeria Country Team. The role works closely with the Project Manager based in Maiduguri, as well as other colleagues from the Nigeria team.
- Oversee Christian Aid response in respective LGA, including identification of beneficiaries
- Timely distribution of food to targeted beneficiaries is successfully achieved.
- Increased understanding of Christian Aid’s work among beneficiaries and other stakeholders.
- Coordination is smooth with IDPs/returnee communities are mobilised and supported.
- Project activities routinely monitored and assessments carried out as per Christian Aid policy.
- Key programme information is routinely collected and reported
- External: The post holder will be required to work closely with project beneficiaries and their communities.
- Internal: Works closely with the Project Manager, wider project team, Nigeria country team, humanitarian colleagues and field based volunteers.
- Decision making: Makes day-to-day decisions to contribute to the implementation and smooth running of humanitarian programmes. This may include suggesting programmatic and administrative changes, agreeing necessary support to field volunteers, monitoring and suggesting adjustments and the provision of other support as necessary.
- Analytical skills: Responsible for providing a wide range of support to the project, including administration, financial and field level support. Needs to have a detail-focussed approach to work, ideally with experience of working in humanitarian programmes. Ability to locate and collect data from appropriate sources and analyse it to create meaningful reports to be shared both internally and externally.
- Developing self and others: The Field Officer is expected to work closely with both the Nigeria team and humanitarian colleagues, adapting to changing priorities but also contributing to an organizational culture of collaboration, accountability, clear communications and compliance.
Applied skills/knowledge and expertise:
- Secondary School Certification with basic knowledge of clerical work.
- At least 6 months of evidenced experience.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to communicate in English and Hausa.
- Good interpersonal, organisational and communication skills.
- Good knowledge of and experience working with IDPs in Nigeria.
- Administrative and logistical support experience.
- Ability to communicate in Kanuri.
IT Competency Required:
LEVEL 2: You are expected to be able to:
- Take on different work when necessary to achieve a team or organisational goal.
- Actively consult with others to ensure you understand their needs or goals.
- Listen to and take on board fresh perspectives and views, even if you initially disagree with them.
- Maintain relationships with individuals and networks, based on mutual understanding and respect.
- Make complex things simple for the benefit of others.
- Actively listen and question to check your understanding and draw out others when they are not expressing themselves clearly or seem to be holding back.
- Be sensitive to what others may be feeling, based on what they say, how they say it and their non-verbal behaviour, adapting your approach accordingly.
- Address difficult issues when they arise, being honest and open.
- Implement ways to reduce inefficiency in use of resources or pass the ideas on to someone who can make them happen.
- Estimate the resources needed to achieve your own work plans or objectives and deliver them in the most efficient and cost effective way.
- Set and communicate realistic timelines for achieving tasks, working out how best to adapt if priorities change or unforeseen circumstances arise.
- Prioritise, plan and monitor your work to meet your own and team deliverables to agreed standards.
- Acknowledge others’ priorities whilst being prepared to say ‘no’ if there are genuine reasons why their needs cannot be met.
- Use logical processes and relevant tools and techniques to report on information or analyse options.
- Make timely and considered recommendations or decisions based on analysis of available data, information and evidence.
- Evaluate your own work and actively address gaps in knowledge and skills, without prompting.
- Recognise how you react to feedback and manage reactions positively, acting on specific feedback from others.
- Share your knowledge where it will help others to be more effective.
- Provide instruction, constructive feedback and guidance to others to help them learn.
Strive for Improvement:
- Constructively challenge existing practice.
- Seek better ways of doing things, taking into account the possible implications.
- Make positive suggestions on a way forward when faced with challenges, even if these fall outside the scope of your own work.
- Look inside and outside Christian Aid for new ideas and evaluate their potential for your own work.
#6,717,870 Interview Date
28th December, 2016.
Method of Application
Click here to view more information (pdf)
Interested and qualified? Go to Christian Aid career website on jobs.christianaid.org.uk to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Christian AidSimilar Jobs
- Latest Jobs at Gender Equality, Peace and Development Centre (GEPADC)
- Latest Job Vacancies at Malaria Consortium
- Business Development Advisor at Plan International
- Senior Program Officer, Special Projects at FHI 360
- Graduate Human Resource Assistant at Mercy Corps Nigeria
- Renovation and Construction of Camp Facilities, Custom House at The Agency For Technical Cooperation And Development (ACTED)
- Job Vacancies at The Agency For Technical Cooperation And Development (ACTED)
- Medical Doctor at COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale