eHealth Africa is focused on improving healthcare by creating effective ways to implement reliable health information management systems. We have developed eHealth and mHealth solutions that can be rapidly deployed to manage patient information, streamline clinical procedures, and provide data and analysis on health program outcomes.
- The Human Resources Manager guides and manages the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies, and programs.
- S/he serves as a strategic partner, aligning business objectives with employees and management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops and administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel.
- Plans, organizes, and controls all activities of the department. Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems. Evaluates reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Keeps the organisation in compliance with governmental regulations.
- Develops, recommends, implements, monitors and modifies personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures and staff code of conduct.
- Prepares and administers all human resources budgets and reports.
- Responsible for employee relations strategies ensuring consistent interpretation and implementation of policies and procedures throughout the organisation. Provides employee relations support and coaching to management and staff.
- Manages the human resources information system through efficient and accurate data accumulation, processing and retrieval. Determines business information reporting needs and ensures data integrity and timely reporting.
- Responsible for the supervision of employees who recruit, test, interview and review the qualifications of prospective employees, either recommending, rejecting or referring applicants possessing satisfactory qualifications to hiring managers for further consideration. Knows current labour supply and complement of available labour force. May also do interviewing, if needed.
- May assist international employees with expatriate assignments and related HR matters.
- Develops contract terms for new hires, promotions, transfers.
- Designs, develops, implements, and monitors all organisation employee compensation and benefits policies, practices, and programs.
- Implements and annually updates compensation program; rewrites job descriptions as necessary; conducts annual salary surveys to keep the wage and salary structure equitable with comparable firms in the community or industry; analyzes compensation; monitors performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Identifies training needs of the organisation. Develops and provides training. May include managerial development and vocational training. Evaluates and monitors success of training programs. Ensures training objectives are met. May contract and coordinate outside training services.
- Manages workers' compensation claim system, the medical management and return to work program, and the safety program for employees.
- May frequently travel between company worksites.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organisation's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Directly supervises employees holding positions of: HR Generalist, HR Coordinator and HR Assistant.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job:
- Minimum of five years of managerial and supervisory experience with three years of experience in recruitment and employment, personnel records, employee relations, training special projects and government regulation, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor's degree from college or university in Business, Human Resources or related field.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Senior Human Resources Professional (SPHR) or Professional in Human Resources (PHR) is preferred.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency working within specialized software utilized in program.
- English is the spoken and written language.
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to eHealth Systems Africa career website on ehealthafrica.bamboohr.com to apply