If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Intercountry Centre for Oral Health (ICOH), an Organization with the purpose of Oral Health Development for Nigeria and other African Countries, collaborating with the World Health Organization (WHO) in the area of Oral Health Research, Training and Demonstration, seeks to fill the position below
- The successful candidate shall be the Chief Executive and Head of the centre and shall be answerable to the management of the Board and the Honorable Minister of Health.
- He/She shall ensure that the Centres programme and planned activities are implemented as scheduled.
- Under the guidance of the Management Board, he/she shall ensure proper financial administration of the centre.
- Candidate must possess a Dental degree registered with Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria plus a Postgraduate Dental qualification and/or PhD degree in the Biomedical Sciences.
- Candidate must be a Fellow of either the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or it’s equivalent register-able by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.
- At least 20 years post qualification experience in Central health administration in a dental school or research institute in an advantage.
- Professional practice and experience in Dental Public Health, Preventive Dentistry or Children’s Dentistry as well as basic and applied research are additional advantages.
- Knowledge of Information and Communication Technology is an added advantage.
- Candidates must be medically fit.
Condition of Service
- Conditions of the service are the same as in the Federal Civil Service.
Method of Application
Applicants are required to submit ten (10) typewritten copies of application letters and Curriculum Vitae in a sealed envelop as well as an electronic copy giving the following information along with photocopies of other relevant documents:
- Full name;
- Date of birth;
- Permanent home address;
- Current postal address and telephone number;
- Marital Status;
- Number of children (with ages);
- Next of kin (only two and their relationship);
- Institutions attended with dates;
- Academic and professional qualifications (indicating clearly the examinations);
- Details of present/previous employments held in chronological order starting from the present experience with dates and employers;
- Present employment status and salary;
- Articles/papers, books published (with dates);
- Extracurricular activities;
- Photocopies of credentials should be attached and originals are to be brought for the interview
- Candidate should include his/her vision statement for the Centre in the next four (4) years.
- The Curriculum Vitae must include the names and addresses of three referees with established expertise in relevant field, of not less than 25 years post qualification experience and who should be in a position to attest to the candidates academic, professional and managerial abilities as well moral character and uprightness.
Applications and recommendation letters from the Referees should be sent directly to the address below:
The Head of Administration,
Intercountry Centre of Oral Health (ICOH),
3, CBN Road (Old Bukuru Road),
PNLBS 2067, Jos,
Phone Number; 08035984451