If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved- and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
The Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Programme (MNCH2) is a country led programme which aims to reduce maternal and child mortality in Northern Nigeria and it is funded by the Department for International Development (DFID). The MNCH2 programme is being implemented in six states in northern Nigeria: Jigawa, Kaduna, Katsina, Kano, Yobe and Zamfara States.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator will coordinate all M&E related activities at the state level on the Maternal, Newborn and Child Health programme.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator will be responsible for the timely collection, management, analysis, and reporting of valid and reliable data that meet government and donor reporting requirements at the state level.
- S/he will specialise in monitoring and evaluation methodology, evidenced-based decision making, qualitative and quantitative research, management, analysis, and translating results to programmatic change.
- This is a full-time position and will report to the State Team Leader.
- Lead monitoring of data collection, collation, storage, analysis, and reporting at the state level, including validation and quality assurance of data reported;
- Ensure collected data is utilized in state level programme implementation;
- Assess state level project progress in all result areas monthly to identify any problems, and bring issues to the attention of relevant parties;
- Support project qualitative and quantitative research efforts, including supporting the management of data collection, data analysis and use of results. Ensure results are disseminated at state level and results inform MNCH2 programming at the state level.
- Assess M&E, data demand and use capacities and work with state relevant ministries, departments and agencies in developing their capacities; and
- Provide the Monitoring, Evaluation & Value for Money advisor with quality-assured state level information required for routine reporting in line with donor requirements.
- Degree in Public Health, Evaluation, Social Science, International Development, Statistics, Economics, or a related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years? experience conducting M&E for large maternal and child health programmes in a developing country, preferably Nigeria.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative research and analysis skills.
- Demonstrated experience with HMIS, databases, MS Office, SPSS / SAS and other relevant skills.
- Experience with governmental and nongovernmental health sector partners.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships across teams and organisations.
- Experience working with DFID funded programmes is preferred.
- Excellent written and spoken English is a must.
In Return We Offer
- A friendly and team-based working environment
- Opportunity to work with national and international colleagues
- Vital contribution to improving maternal and newborn services in Northern Nigeria
- The opportunity to truly make a difference
- A competitive salary with benefits
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Palladium Group career website on www.thepalladiumgroup.com to apply