EngenderHealth works worldwide to improve the lives of individuals by making reproductive health services safe, available, and sustainable. We provide technical assistance, training, and information, with a focus on practical solutions that improve services where resources are scarce. We believe that individuals have the right to make informed decisions about their reproductive health and to receive care that meets their needs. We work in partnership with governments, institutions, and health care professionals to make this right a reality.
Fistula Care Plus (FC+) is a five-year cooperative agreement, funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and managed by EngenderHealth in collaboration with partners. It seeks to increase access to quality treatment services for obstetric fistula, improve prevention, strengthen the environment to support prevention, treatment and reintegration services, and to conduct research to improve the quality of services. The Project Supports and Implements its activities in Eleven (14) States in Nigeria.
Job Code: 1048
Locations: Bauchi (2), Ebonyi (2), Jigawa (1) and Sokoto (3)
Program/Office: Fistula Care Plus, Nigeria
Reports To: Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor
- Strengthening and optimizing data documentation and reporting in supported facilities. This includes but not limited to patients’ folders review, filing and documenting to achieve data validity, reliability and consistency in all project states.
- Ensure that all data related activities are conducted efficiently in their supported health facilities.
- Report day to day issues, achievements and challenges from these health facilities to the Engenderhealth office.
- Conduct data collection, gathering, collation and validation from the health facilities for the period of their engagement
- Support the project M&E team in ensuring high data quality to meet our funder’s data demands and other national and international expectations
- Strengthen M&E linkages with other service delivery points in the health facilities
- Ensure monthly validation of data from the health facilities and community organizations supported on the project
- Ensure that all summary forms are filled and transmitted to the data coordinator in Engenderhealth and HMIS officers in the states.
- Follow up with the state HMIS officers to enter data into the DHIS.
- Assist in carrying out researches and studies that the organization embarks upon
- Conduct monthly visits to supported sites to check documentation on Registers and summary sheets
- Participate in the quarterly State RH/FP and LGA Coordinators’ meeting
- Provide monthly feedbacks on facility achievements, challenges and action taken to the project through the M&E team
- Perform other activities as assigned by the supervisors
Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree or Higher National Diploma from a recognized higher institution or a Diploma in data management, statistics or another relevant discipline
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in data related activities at the health facility level
- Experience in clinical data collection, synthesis, and review
- Familiarity with Nigeria HMIS, clinical registers, and patient record systems
- Experience in data quality review and assurance
- Familiarity with family planning, maternal and child health, and/or reproductive health service
- Experience working with donor-supported health sector projects, preferably in monitoring & evaluation role(s)
- Good communication and report writing skill
- Experience working on a USAID funded program is an added advantage
- Excellent written and verbal English language skill
- Local residents are strongly encouraged to apply for this position
Starting salary will be commensurate with background and experience commensurate with experience.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to EngenderHealth career website on chk.tbe.taleo.net to apply