Chevron's Nigeria operations are based in Lagos, Warri, Escravos and Port Harcourt. Chevron Nigeria Limited is committed to hiring the best individuals for positions consistent with the long-term best interests of the company. This commitment reflects Chevron's continuing policy to afford equal opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their religion, sex, age, disability, or veteran status. This commitment is more than adhering to laws, it is the recognition and appreciation of individual uniqueness and the value of a diverse workforce.
Whatever your career dreams, you will have the opportunities to pursue and achieve them at Chevron. As a part of the team, you will never stop learning. Individual growth is encouraged with robust opportunities for personal development and contributing to company-wide success.
Job Title: AVIATION SUPERINTENDENT (Ref-2013-SCM-01)
Job Description: Manages Chevron Nigeria Limited aircraft operations and aviation personnel, to include anciliary services (i.e. 3rd party contractors) for safety and efficiency in all fixed and rotary wing operations, and ensures compliance with contract requirements and government regulations.
Bachelor's degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division in Engineering, Aviation Sciences, Social Sciences or business related courses and a valid Commercial Pilot license for Airplane or Helicopter with Air Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL), or an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer License with type rating.
Extensive experience and expertise in offshore flying, aviation operation related activities, including base and flight operations management, Safety Management System (SMS) implementation and management, OR
- Extensive experience leading a maintenance team, including maintenance planning, base maintenance supervision, remote operations' maintenance management, shop maintenance and line maintenance supervision
- Demonstrable knowledge of aviation safety management, international and local aviation regulations and Standard Operating Procedures
- Ability to understand and work with Nigerian Civil Aviation Regulations (NCAR) and Aircraft Flight Operations Manual (FOM) for planning operations
- Strong knowledge of line flight operations, flight planning, safety management systems, dispatch control, maintenance support planning, and airport management
- Proven ability to manage integrated functional teams
- Proficiency in the use of aviation specific software tools and systems
- Effective communication and leadership skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
Minimum of eight (8) years experience as a licensed fixed or rotary wing Pilot or as a licensed aircraft or helicopter engineer.
Job Type: Full Time (Regular)
Job Category: Supply Chain Management
Job Location: Escravos
Effective Job Opening Date: 3/7/2013
Job Closing Date: 3/28/2013
Method of Application:
Interested candidates are to visit https://www.chevronnigeriajobs.com/ to apply.
Deadline: 28th March, 2013