Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
- Support the medical coordinator to define, monitor and update the medical content of the MSF country policy and annual plan, by scanning health needs through exploratory missions and implementation of health information system, elaborating, monitoring and reviewing project proposals, determining, necessary resources in order to cover medical and humanitarian needs of the population at risk. This will be done by ensuring linkage with the community, its proximity, safe-guarding medical ethics and the quality of medical programming (i.e. Relevance, effectiveness, safety, accessibility and appropriateness of MSF’s medical interventions, as well as “best practices” clinical management of patients
- At the request of the Medical Coordinator, Represent MSF before third parties concerning medical issues, ensuring its good public image and the alignment with the mission interests:
- Ensuring regular contact with local authorities (at the federal, state or local level) and institutions, other NGOs in the country and other MSF sections, for a better coordination in the implementation of health projects and programs.
- Negotiating with the authorities when necessary.
- Attending to the external meeting with others partners or FMOH
- Informing on MSF charter, values and principles.
- Support and follow up of projects in the country: Participate and contribute in the definition and update of the country policy, annual plan and budgets in order to develop the projects and programmes aimed at addressing humanitarian issues at stake ensuring its efficiency and quality.
- Monitoring the project(s) implementation.
- Assisting the project coordinator and the medical teams in drafting the project proposal and follow-up.
- Participating together with the Medical Coordinator in the definition and follow-up of medical staff needs, other medical resources needed, and budgeting.
- Collaborating and assisting in the production of medical reports.
- Identifying priority needs, other potential areas of action, and emergency s
- Replacement in cases of gaps,
- Ensuring proper induction of all MSF Staff.
- Carrying out medical briefings and debriefings.
- Identifying training needs for medical staff.
- Identifying personnel showing potential.
- Supervising and carrying out technical evaluations.
- Promoting strict follow-up of MSF values and ethics by all staff and identifying any possible issue regarding this matter.
- Collaborate, together with logistics and according to project needs,
- Collaborate in the pharmacy management in order to ensure enough and quality supply of drugs and medical material; reviewing medical orders, analysis of consumption and stock levels of the different
- Monitoring both physical and mental health state of staff.
- Promoting the compliance of all related protocols and procedures.
- Collaborating in the update of issues regarding the security context (Economy situation, social disorders, etc.).
- Coaching and training of medical staff: Coach, train and motivate the teams in the mission in order to align all field staff with MSF values and ethics, and ensuring their capability to carry out their job achieving MSF quality standards:
- Collaboration with other department in the mission:
- Following the Staff Health policy: Assist defining and implementing the staff health and security policies for international and national staff in order to ensure its overall safety.
- Essential degree on medicine or other paramedical studies. Training in tropical medicine or Public Health will be an asset.
- Required previous experience on a position as medical activity manager, assistant medical coordinator, deputy medical coordinator, medical director or field coordinator.
- Preferably 2 years of experience in MSF,
- Experience on management of emergency project, maternal and child health project will be appreciated
- Mission working language essential (English). Knowledge of other local languages highly appreciated.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet).
- Stress Management
- Professionalism in approach to issues
- Good communication skills
- Diplomacy, tact and patience.
- Ability to work in an extremely conservative society with volatile security conditions.
- Adherence to MSF charter and principles
- 208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required.
- Monthly Gross salary of N474, 462. (Four hundred and seventy four thousand four hundred and sixty two naira only)
Method of Application
Submit your CV, qualifications and a cover letter with contact details to the MSF Admin’ Office in Abuja (“Application Box” at the Watchmen Desk).
Applications can be submitted in person or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for the submission of applications: 15th January 2017.
Please make sure to submit your application on or before this date.
NB: only successful applicants will be called for interview.
Notice: No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.
Closing Date: 15th January, 2016
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.