Information Technology Job Vacancy at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
Posted on: 15 December, 2016
Deadline: 22 December, 2016
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View All Jobs at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
Hamilton Lloyd and Associates - Our client, is a world-class integrated logistics service provider company that spans across the supply chain.
- This is role sits within the IT function and is key to the operation of the business.
- The person will have responsibility for the development, maintenance, integration, data governance of business reports and dashboards. We are looking for an experienced QlikSense BI developer.
The BI developer will be responsible for all BI reporting requirements from the following systems:
- SAP Business One
- SSL (bespoke logistics, transportation and financial system)
- 3rd party data.
- The BI developer will responsible for linking the data from the above systems to create a joined-up view of all our business data. This will enable holistic business analysis and reporting of vital KPI’s, often blending data from the different (but connected) business systems. This is critical to the company’s success.
- You will understand the architecture and relationships of these systems.
- You will understand how User Interfaces and Business Processes are set up within these Systems.
- The responsibilities include the following and other duties may be assigned:
- Collaborating with end users to identify needs and opportunities for improved data management and delivery.
- Overseeing the ongoing development of reports and dashboards.
- Improving and streamlining processes regarding data flow and data quality to improve data accuracy, viability and value.
- Overseeing the ongoing development and operations of a business intelligence architecture that enables fact-based decision making and ad hoc analysis and insight generation.
- Staying current with industry trends.
- Advising and educating management on their relative importance and impact.
- Initiate and lead projects from start to finish using sound project management skills.
- Manage own workload and work with the relevant colleagues and customers to prioritise enhancements.
- Suggest and deliver new systems and system improvements.
- Degree in computer science, information technology, engineering or related field
- 1+ years of experience working directly with QlikSense
- 3+ years of experience working directly with QlikView
Key Competencies / Skills:
- To qualify for the BI Developer position, the candidate should possess the following:
- Analysis, Design and Communication Skills
- Data gathering, research and analytical abilities so as to develop insightful conclusions and generate solutions to address user needs.
- Design and visualisation skills that will allow the end user to easily monitor, compare and explore data.
- Create written communication materials that effectively summarize findings and support recommendations.
- Direct quality assurance and user acceptance testing by writing test plans and managing the execution of testing (Unit and UAT).
- The BI Developer should understand and have expertise in the various technologies needed to implement Qlik Sense solutions:
- Specific Qlik Sense skills desired include:
- Qlik Server administration
- Qlik Sense data modelling
- Qlik Sense report development (including extensions)
- Qlik Sense visualisation
Other technical skills desired include:
- Relational Databases and SQL Language
- Java script
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Results-driven with the ability to take initiative, handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
Method of Application
Applicants should forward their CV's to: email@example.com
- Kindly make the subject of the mail the job title
- Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Hamilton Lloyd and AssociatesSimilar Jobs
- Managing Director at a Logistics and Shipping Organisation - Fosad Consulting
- Account Officers at Daudeen Freight Forwarding Company
- Front-End Web Developers at Max.ng
- Food & Beverage Manager at Kempt Harkulson Nigeria Limited (KHNL)
- Head of IT Development at GMT Nigeria Limited
- Vehicle Maintainance/Operations Manager at Tekra Global Concepts Limited
- Business Development Officers at Southern Infinity Concepts Limited
- Digital Marketing Executives at Max.ng