Compliance Consultants at Oxfam Nigeria
Posted on: 15 December, 2016
Deadline: 27 December, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Oxfam
Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 organizations (affiliates) networked together in 94 countries, as part of a global movement for change. Together we are working to achieve our vision of 'a just world without poverty' and to be a powerful partner in global and local communities of people connected for change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below to strengthen management systems and reduce financial risks in both operational and partner-led programmes:
Reports to: Head of Programs
Job Family: Business Support
Duration: Three (3) Months with possibility of extension
The programmes include:
- The Pro Resilience Action (PROACT) funded by the European Union and Oxfam in Adamawa and Kebbi
- The Right to Food funded by the Dutch Government in Lagos, Abuja, Benue, Plateau, Nassarawa, Adamawa and Kebbi
- Access to flexible financial services mostly known as Village Savings and Loans in Benue, Plateau and Nassarawa
- Legal Empowerment Programme on Women’s Rights project or Haki Mkononi in Kaduna and Plateau
- Global LEAP Strand III - Agriculture advocacy project in Lagos, Abuja, Benue, Plateau, Nassarawa, Adamawa and Kebbi
- Review Oxfam policies and procedures and make recommendations to management to enforce those policies and procedures applicable to Nigeria context.
- Support the Country Business Support Unit in the establishment of a practical system for compliance risk detection in financial transactions;
- Support Programme Managers, Finance Mangers and officers in Oxfam Field Offices on compliance and risk management, providing spot checks, system staff capacity reviews and clear recommendations for improvement.
- Conduct at least monthly monitoring visits to Implementing Partner organizations to assess adequacy of internal controls, verify the availability of proper records for all financial transactions, and advise Partner and Oxfam management on recommended actions.
- Develop internal audit/Compliance tools (paperwork, checklist, standards, audit report template, internal control survey questionnaires, physical counts, tools/checklist etc...).
- Verify and prepare audit closure states and progress report for the management and SMT review, collect and arrange audit closure exhibits anti submit the reviewed audit closure status/progress reports.
- Monitor implementation of action/corrective action plank relative to bath internal anti external audits.
- Assist and guide the management team in the implementation of new systems, tools, policies, and in processes in contribution to donor and internal compliance.
- Prepare and arrange training for key staff as part of the strategy to build the program’s compliance capacity.
- Perform internal audits and/or support internal investigations related to compliance and fraud risks.
- Document observations regarding activities and transactions to be audited highlighting potential areas of compliance weakness, risk and discrepancies.
- Stay abreast of organizational policies, activities and programmes; and ensure that the Oxfarm Nigeria Programme Office and partners are informed of any changes in the laws or policies that regulate the NGO sector.
- Develop a monthly monitoring/spot-checking/compliance and internal audit program work plans in January to be implemented for the rest of the period.
- Prepare reports on internal controls as related to procurement, fleet, asset and stock management; as wall as management of human resources at all Oxfam Nigeria locations.
- Internal compliance risks and clear management recommendations for prevention and corrective action.
- Guide through the implementation of the risk management plan developed as the result of the Oxford led workshop on Fraud,
- Safeguarding, aid diversion and good partnership practices
- Advise senior management on the design and implementation of adequate internal control procedures to ensure effective stewardship and management of the Organisation's resources,
- Meetings to review compliance with all applicable Donor rules & regulations, Local law and related reporting, as wall as internal procedures.
- Ensure that pesters on Fraud, Safeguarding, aid diversion and good partnership practices are pasted on Oxfam and partner's office walls and that all employees are fully informed of their compliance related obligations.
Educational Qualification, Experience, Skills & Competence
- Education to Master's level with a recognised Accountancy, Finance, Investment Management, Business Administration, Economics qualification or any relevant field
- Ten (10) years or more of senior management and hands on experience with large grants from major donors (Eli, OFDA, SIDA, UN Agencies, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation) and programs and directly relevant professional experience, such as finance, accounting, supply and logistics, human resources, grants management. Audit experience is essential;
- Strong attention to details
- Skilled in collecting, synthesizing and analysing data;
- Previous experience working with key institutional donors preferred;
- Excellent analytic and computer skills; skilled in MS Office package including Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Willingness and ability to travel within country 40-50% of the time.
- Effective verbal arid written communication skills, including high-level interpersonal and representational capabilities;
- Fluency in written and spoken English essential.
- A strong commitment to Oxfam's purpose and values, a broad understanding of the work culture in the"development"sector and its impact on key areas of responsibility and a commitment to humanitarian principles and action;
- An understanding of gender and diversity considerations within key areas of responsibility and commitment to addressing inequalities in the workplace and the programme.
- Strong experience with Oxfam business systems including GL, OPAL, CRIMSON, GOLD, TERRAMAR and HELIOS will bean advantage
Method of Application
Applicants should send their application letters and CV's as one attachment to: email@example.com
- Oxfam provides accommodation, transportation both international and domestic, and relevant equipment to work for the duration of the consultancy.
- The position title and applicant name must be the subject of your email.
- Only applications sent in the required format will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about OxfamSimilar Jobs
- Request For Quotations at Norwegian Church Aid
- Job Opportunities at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Country Director at Center for Civilians in Conflict's (CIVIC)
- Construction Supervisor at The Agency For Technical Cooperation And Development (ACTED)
- Job Vacancies at The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
- Admin Supervisor at The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
- Latest Vacancies at Palladium Group
- Advocacy and Events Assistant at HarvestPlus - International Institute of Tropical Agriculture