Pharmacist at the Population Council
Posted on: 15 December, 2016
Deadline: 30 December, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Population Council
The Population Council is an international, non-profit, non-governmental institution that seeks to improve the well-being and reproductive health of current and future generations around the world and help achieve a humane, equitable and sustainable balance between people and resources. The Council’s major program areas ace HIV&AIDS, Reproductive Health and Poverty, Gender, and Youth. The Council conducts biomedical, social science and public health research and helps build research capacities in developing countries. The Population Council works in collaboration with a broad range of Nigerian institutions.
- The candidate for this position will manage the day-to-day running of a pharmacy in the community-based outpatient clinic for men who engage in high behaviors that predispose them to increased risks of HIV and other sexually transmitted infections and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Responsible for the day-to-day running of the pharmacy
- Receive written prescription or refill requests and verify that information obtained is complete and accurate.
- Maintain proper storage and security conditions for drugs
- Maintain proper inventory of medications and supplies
- Ensure that patient records are kept confidential
- Answer telephones, responding to questions and requests
- Fill bottles of prescribed medications and type and affix labels
- Assist customers by answering simple questions, locating items or referring them to the Doctor for further medical or medication information.
- Ensure that all pharmacy related reports are submitted in a timely manner.
- Undertake any additional activities such as clerical and administrative functions as identified by your Supervisor
- Level of Education - Minimum of B.Pharm or equivalence MD, Masters of Public Health, a related field
- General Communication, Supervisory &Interpersonal Skill Level - Excellent
- Language Requirements - English - Excellent
- Level of IT Expertise Required - Good
- Ability to travel within and outside Nigeria
- Desired Number of Years Prior Experience in a Similar Role - 3-5 years
- Effective organizational, planning and administrative skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Population Council career website on www4.recruitingcenter.net to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Population CouncilSimilar Jobs
- Drivers at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Consultants at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Logistics Officer at INTERSOS
- Jobs at Environmental Development and Family Health Organization (EDFHO)
- Tuberculosis (TB) Supply Chain Logistics Advisor at Chemonics International
- Job Openings at Christian Aid
- Jobs at Maigoje Foundation
- Graphic Artist at the Institute of Credit Administration