If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Girl Effect has developed an innovative, bespoke mobile based, girl led research methodology, named Technology Enabled Girl Ambassadors (TEGA) which aims to deliver faster and more accurate insight into hard to reach developing world communities.
Pioneered in Nigeria, Girls aged 18-24 are recruited and trained via MLearning to become qualified qualitative and quantitative interviewers. Using bespoke mobile technology they conduct surveys, collecting data, video, photo and audio content. These surveys are then instantly uploaded and automatically organized in a highly secure digital content hub, creating a live gateway to hard to reach communities.
Presently in Nigeria, Girl Effect uses TEGA for both internal and external research needs. Internally we use it to gather data that enhances our other programmes and externally we support likeminded agencies to conduct surveys and evaluations using the methodology. TEGA has been used to conduct research in Kano, Lagos, Kaduna, Abuja and Maiduguri
The 2016 ambition of this programme is to scale into all Girl Effect geographies and build an established, experienced network, ready for wider developing world commercial scale in 2017. Commercial scale will comprise allowing external non Girl Effect partners to utilize the TEGA network to gain insight to inform their girl centred programme design.
Specific Objectives of the Mobile Research Programme
- To gain faster and more authentic insight into a girl and her world than ever before
- To serve the research needs of the Girl Effect countries – Nigeria, Rwanda and Ethiopia
- To ensure safety remains at the heart of the programme
- To continue to innovate the programme to ensure it remains one of the most exciting and sophisticated data collection systems in the developing world.
Context of the role
TEGA is a complex, high risk and fast moving project. The TEGA team comprises of a multitude of partners and stakeholders.
Girl Effect Nigeria is seeking to recruit an experienced project manager to ensure TEGA is safely and efficiently operated in existing regions in Nigeria, with efficient management of delivery to multiple internal and external clients.
This includes supporting the procurement and management of local vendors and consultants, liaison with all Implementing Agencies and partners to ensure delivery is to timeframe and budget, developing and regular tracking/updating of project management tools.
The Project Manager will be required to work on a full-time basis, based at the Girl Effect Nigeria office with 25% travel to project sites in Nigeria
The Project Manager will work in close collaboration with the TEGA Team, Evidence team, Girl Specialist team and Finance and Operations teams - both in London and the country offices. The Project manager will also work closely with our external global Research and Technology partners based in London.
The responsibilities will include:
- Support with procurement and management of consultants
- Liaise with Operations on Contract management using Salesforce
- Invoicing and processing
- including liaison with Implementing Agencies
- Work closely with the team to ensure project management and reporting tools in place and fit for purpose
- Track teams, agencies and local partners’ deliverables and flag to team if they are off track in terms of timeframe and/or budget
- If required, field visits to sites to support coordination and organization of TEGA research projects and/or training.
General support and coordination
- Organise and lead project meetings, logistics, team attendance and note taking (for internal and external projects)
- Support Senior Manager, TEGA on budget development and management
- New research location process management in collaboration with other team members
- Maintaining a database of TEGAs, translators and local partners across Nigeria.
- These will be finalised in collaboration with the selected candidate but are likely to include:
- Successful development of project management tools, quality assured and approved by Girl Effect London.
- Regularly updated project management tools and status reports highlighting progress made on projects as well as any risks to delivering to timeframe and budget.
- Strong relationships with, and successful coordination of, the relevant Girl Effect teams and Implementing Agencies, tracking their progress against timeframe and deliverables, escalating to Senior Manager TEGA and the team as/when risks arise.
The successful consultant should display the following skills and experience:
- Experience in complex, multi-geo project management and coordination, including implementation and monitoring, partner relationships, communication and networking.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop strong relationships with local organisations, contractors and senior stakeholders
- Good research knowledge and experience
- Experience project managing fast moving and innovative projects
- Literate in mobile tech development.
- Track record of managing projects on time, on budget and to a high standard.
- Excellent written and fluent spoken English.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Experience working in multicultural teams with varying expertise, skills and backgrounds.
- Experienced of commercial/client account project management is desirable.
- A background in gender or familiarity with gender/girl-centred programming is desirable.
Education and Experience:
- A First Degree plus 3 years project management experience or
- At least 5 years’ experience in Project management across multiple projects.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Girl Effect career website on girleffect-jobs.org to apply