Technical Job Vacancy at JAGAL Group
Posted on: 14 December, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Jagal Group
JAGAL Group, is a leading Nigerian conglomerate with operations in the Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing industries. The company has been growing successfully over the past 40 years, and has become a valuable and respected contributor to the development of the country's economy.
Jagal offers diverse career opportunities across all its business activities. The Group's broad range of industries and services offer rewarding prospects for various professional backgrounds and can satisfy ambitions for a successful future career.
Reporting to: Supervisor-Equipment
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactory.
- Other minor duties may be assigned and may vary by location
Key Aims and Objectives
- The basic function of the CAT Technician is to install, troubleshoot, clean inspect, and maintain Caterpillars Gas and Diesel, Engines in the facility in a safe and professional manner.
- CAT Maintenance experience in heavy industry in strongly preferred
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- Monitors and maintains facility equipment to ensure safe and efficient equipment and facility operation.
- Performs preventive and repair maintenance procedures safely and professionally with minimal supervision in accordance with Company Work Rules, Policies and Procedures.
- Takes proactive measures to address improvement opportunities.
- Initiates and completes work-orders and requisitions, and documents all critical and or pertinent information on a routine basis.
- Responds and reports to work during off hours when emergency repairs are required.
- Assumes increased levels of responsibility when required or requested. Performs lesser skilled duties when required or requested.
- Complete the Corporate and Plant Training Programs within the time frame prescribed.
- Identifies and effectively uses basic and precision measuring tools to calculate and determine lengths, surface areas, and volumes as necessary while performing maintenance tasks on a routine basis.
- Follows standard safety procedures, correct safety and environmental hazards, and report them to the Shift Supervisor immediately. Reads, understands, and applies information such as lock out/tag out procedures, safety rules, job hazard analyses, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Works overtime if requested.
- Works rotating shifts, if requested.
- Communicates clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing; as well as communicate clearly whether using in-situ intercom system, two-way radio or face to face.
- Anticipates typical problems identify potential or recurring problems, and takes appropriate action.
- Periodically inspect equipment and locate / correct problems before breakdown occurs.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- When breakdown occur, repairs as quickly as possible in order to minimize operation downtime.
- Participate in proactive safety programs including Hazard Observation program; UC/UA
Key internal interfaces:
- Mechanical Supervisor
- Plants Supervisor
- Maintenance Planner
- Electrical / Electronic Supervisor
- Other departmental Supervisors & Superintendents.
- Technical knowledge and skills sufficient to complete required job functions.
- 5 years’ experience in required field (minimum).
- Physically fit
- Must possess communication skills both oral and written
- High school graduate
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Jagal Group career website on jagal.hua.hrsmart.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Jagal GroupSimilar Jobs
- Job Opportunities at Librod Energy Services Limited
- Job Vacancies at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
- Job Openings at Gulf Treasures Limited
- Strategy and Planning Analyst at SunTrust Oil Company Nigeria Limited
- Ongoing Recruitment at Oando Gas and Power Limited
- Business Development Manager at Librod Energy Services Limited
- Current Openings at a Reputable Petroleum Company
- Fresh Recruitment at Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC)