Human Capacity Development Consultants (HCDC) Limited is a vibrant and innovative company committed to the goal of developing human capital in organisations for exceptional business results
We build organisations to achieve optimum performance by developing their human capacity to peak productivity levels
We are committed to excellence, service & integrity.
Report to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
The Financial Controller will be responsible for all the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or International Financial Reporting Standards.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Take responsibility for ensuring the accuracy of the accounting and control information held in and reported from the organization’s accounting system
- Support the CFO in developing and delivering the organization’s financial and business strategy
- Review financial, control and management information systems and procedures, implementing improvements across the organization in consultation with the CFO
- Update, review and document the organization’s financial policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements
- Ensure accuracy of financial and related information held outside the finance systems, such as HR, budgeting systems, etc
- Improve the systems surrounding all aspects of the organization’s budgets, forecast and business planning
- Produce the monthly management accounts and other reports as required for senior management and the Board
- Prepare and analyze Cash flow statements; income and expenditure accounts and balance sheet accounts
- Assist in the production of the draft year end accounts, supporting schedules and liaison with the auditors
- Ensure all company assets are accurately accounted for and monitored
- Plan projects exploring potential problems or opportunities, ensuring that resources and staff are available to execute the project. Carry out any necessary research, analyze it and conclude on that information
- Support and advise staff on contractual and other ongoing arrangements with suppliers
- Ensure the monthly reconciliation of all ledgers and sub-ledgers
- Ensure daily on-line reconciliation of bank accounts across the various Banks
- Analyze weekly business performance/results on an outlet by outlet basis, providing feedback to Senior Management
- Review branch stock position comparing POS figures with financials, advice management on optimum stock levels at branch and warehouse
- Track and monitor daily revenue for accuracy, verifying it against POS reports and Bank takings
- Suggest and where approved, implement cost management strategies
- Ensure monthly accruals are adjusted to meet demands of the business
- On a monthly basis, monitor and track debtors and creditors to ensure they are consistent with contract conditions
- In conjunction with Directors, source and identify finance providers at competitive rates
- In conjunction with IT Systems Administrator, coordinate and implement upgrades to finance systems, providing necessary information/training to direct reports
- Provide management direction and development support to the finance team
- Take responsibility for the performance management of the finance team
- Provide advice, support and training on financial issues to the organization’s staff
- Work in harmony in accordance with the organization’s vision, mission and values
- Promote and ensure compliance with the organization’s policies, including Health & Safety,
- Work in a collaborative and entrepreneurial manner to support and drive income generation
- Manage and undertake training/professional development as necessary
- Promote the use of technology
- Work as part of team, supporting colleagues and communicating effectively with all
- Encourage and support innovation throughout the organization
- Work in the most resource efficient and effective manner
- Act as an ambassador for the organization
Qualifications and Key Skills
- 5+ years of experience, including minimum of one year of supervisory responsibility. Controller or equivalent experience highly desirable. Corporate accounting experience, including overheads and payroll.
- Overall combined accounting and finance experience
- ACCA or ICAN Certification is an advantage
- University degree or tertiary education
- Effective communication and team work skills
- Exposure: Finance, Investigations, Retail, Law enforcement
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Strong organizational and Committee skills.
- Ability to see the big picture while focusing on the process and procedures necessary to produce deliverables.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- Ability to meet and establish deadlines.
- Flexibility and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Intermediate to advanced applications software expertise (Excel and accounting software).
- Experience in forecasting and budgeting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Performance Management
- Payroll Administration
- Finance Administration
- General Administration
- People Management
- Proficiency – Words for windows, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project and Electronic mail
- Report Writing
go to method of application »
Reports to: Head, Operations
Unit: Funds Management
Objective: To ensure correct processing, record and reporting of all financial transactions.
- Portfolio Management and valuations.
- Investment monitoring and settlement e.g. Rollover, liquidation and income collection.
- Posting of Daily Transactions/Investment into the Software
- Process customer’s requests with Registrars – Verification of signatures, Change of address, issuance of duplicate certificates, request for unclaimed certificates, transfer of units etc.
- Process Mutual Funds subscriptions (new & additional)
- Process Mutual Funds redemptions (full & partial)
- Liaise with the Registrars and Custodian relating to client’s requests.
- Reconciliation of Mutual Funds register with the Registrars
- Send Portfolio valuation of Bid/offer prices to SEC/Trustees
- Corporate Actions – Collection of dividends, Posting of dividends, follow up on bonuses, right issues etc.
- Reconciliation of Mutual Funds Bank accounts (Liabilities).
- Distribution of Mutual Funds returns on investment
- Activities report for the department.
- B.Sc Accounting
- Minimum of Second Class Lower Division
- Minimum of four years’ experience in Stockbroking or Investment Management Company
- Knowledgeable in the use of symbols/symplus accounting software application module for funds management transaction.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.