Ambulance Medic (First Aider) at FEZ Integrated Services Limited
Posted on: 13 December, 2016
Deadline: 16 December, 2016
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at FEZ Consultants
FEZ Consultants, a subsidiary of FEZ Integrated Services Limited is a Human Resource firm that operates with a broad knowledge of the manpower dynamics within the Nigerian business environment, thereby guaranteeing our clients a best fit solution to their human resource requirements.
- Ensures that the vehicle and medical equipment is ready for use at the beginning of the shift and after every call; This includes: appropriate cleaning and disinfecting of the interior and exterior of the vehicle; appropriate cleaning and disinfecting of equipment; inspecting; restocking, and completing daily checklists of the vehicle and equipment; and performing routine maintenance.
- Performs daily inspections of their base and/or station for cleanliness. Then performs the appropriate housekeeping duties to ensure their living quarters are clean, free from clutter and sanitary at all times.
- In company of ALS or BLS personnel responds to emergency events using appropriate care and caution in accordance with Nigerian law & regulations, Company SOPP, and the principles of safe emergency vehicle operation. consistent with good judgment and the provision of high quality medical care in the ambulance, homes, hotels, offices, work sites and health facilities.
- Accompanies ALS & BLS patients to their destination, continuing to provide appropriate care and patient advocacy until the responsibility for the patient has been transferred to an appropriate medical professional and a report has been given.
- Acts at all times with his/her personal safety in mind, as well as the safety of his/her partner, the patient, other medical personnel, bystanders, and any other public safety personnel present.
- Adheres to Universal Precautions when dealing with patient contacts. Is familiar with and practices the Infection Control policies and procedures
- Completes all appropriate documentation and record keeping for every assignment; Co-signs ambulance case sheet for completeness.
Should be able to achieve the following medical and instrumentation requirement:
- Use of AED
- Simple airway management Use of a stretcher with other patient movement and extrication devices
- Wound dressing
- Emergency driving
Knowledge, Experience & Desired Qualifications
- The ability to lift and maneuver 150 pounds with assistance and without difficulty.
- The ability to walk up and down stairs without difficulty and the ability to lift and carry 150 pounds up and down two flights of stairs with assistance and without difficulty
- The ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- The ability to walk a distance of one quarter of a mile without difficulty and without affecting the immediate performance of job-related duties.
- Education: HND/B.Sc in Health Humanities
- Certification: CPR, First Aid, & Defensive driving.
- Essential Technical/Motor Skills: Must be able to demonstrate capability, knowledge, and skill necessary to operate all emergency equipment such as ambulances, medical equipment, etc.
- Essential Sensory Requirements: Sufficient hearing and vision to perform duties.
- Must comply with all local, state, and federal laws pertaining to driving an ambulance
- 2-3years working experience in similar position
- Previous experience working on an Ambulance unit
Key Competency and Skills:
- A business oriented and committed disposition working cohesively with team members to achieve set out company’s goals & objectives
- Analytical and innovative mind in attaining a high performance in line with companies standard
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision, using good judgment with a thorough understanding of the principles of emergency medical care, that is consistent with the provision of high quality patient care.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with patients, clients, family members, bystanders, and the general public
- Computer literacy needed
Method of Application
Applicants should forward their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about FEZ ConsultantsSimilar Jobs
- Current Job Placements at Workforce Group
- Finance Manager at Pivotage Consulting
- Asset Manager at Romanspage Global
- Chief Marketing Officer at PriceWaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Three-Wheeler Service Engineer at Elevantix Consulting
- Job Opportunities at Protégé Management
- Fresh Jobs at a Multinational Company - Stresert Services Limited
- Database Analyst / Back-End Developer at Jemi Neil Consulting