Firmenich is the world’s largest privately-held flavors and fragrance company with headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. Our reputation for excellence as a creator and manufacturer of specialty chemicals, flavors and perfumery products is recognized worldwide. From our award-winning fragrances to our irresistible ingredients, our team has been combining experience and innovation to perfume and flavor our clients' products for our mutual success. Our passion has not only helped create many of the world's best-selling perfumes, cosmetics, household products and food & beverage selections, it's the major reason for our success as the world's largest private company in our industry.
The purpose of this job is to implement FIRMENICH growth strategy for Western Africa through a dedicated team of commercial and technical staff. The function reports to VP Flavors, IMA (India, Middle East and Africa). The function is located in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Develop/execute local (sales) strategy for West Africa in close cooperation with zone management.
- Provides clear feedback to zone management on local market developments and specific needs that will drive the strategy for the area.
- Keeps abreast of competitive activities, prices, and actions.
- Secures the correct implementation and execution of pricing strategy for the region.
- Ability and interest in making high level connections with relevant people within the region
- Supports the local sales team through shared client visits.
- Develops and sustains productive customer relationships
- Achieves the growth and margin targets for the area.
- Optimizes the sales force coverage of key client segments.
- Manages distributor(s) in the region.
- Manages, motivates and guides local sales and technical teams.
- Drives efficient project management process.
- Ensures that administrative functions such as itineraries, expense and call reports, etc., are accurately maintained;
- Provides ongoing customer support and follow-up to ensure the timely shipment of orders and customer satisfaction
- Bachelor in food science/technology, MBA or equivalent is a plus
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in sales of food ingredients in emerging markets, flavor sales experience is an asset.
- International exposure, preferably experience in West African markets.
- Good management skills and experience in managing multi culture teams
- Fluent English
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Firmenich career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale