Engineering Job Vacancy at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
Posted on: 13 December, 2016
Deadline: 27 December, 2016
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
The job holder is responsible for follow up and supervision of Electrical and Instrumentation construction, installation, precommissioning and commissioning activities for the OLT Buoy scope of work. He reports to OLT Construction Superintendent at the Worksite.
The holder of the position shall in particular be responsible to:
- Follow up and supervise the electrical and instrumentation works at the Worksite to ensure compliance with applicable design specification, drawings and contract requirements,
- Liaise with OLT System Leader on any electrical and instrumentation engineering issues for resolution or clarification of contract / design requirements and specification as may be required.
- Review and comment as required on project documents: Method Statements, Work Procedure and any other Contractor /Subcontractor deliverables in due time as may be required,
- Review and analyse work planning and schedule updates for the discipline’s project activities, in coordination with the COMPANY Project Control team, in order to ensure effective work planning, optimise and avoid clashes in work sequences,
- Monitor the expected versus achieved works progress, focusing on potentials for delay and adequacy of resources; and to proactively highlight schedule issues, and promptly propose resolutions, in order to avoid blocking points on the works.
- Follow up to ensure that site modifications are requested, approved, implemented and properly documented for as-built in accordance with approved project procedures,
- Performance surveillance on electrical and instrumentation works at the Worksite, ensuring that Non Conformance Reports (NCR) is issued for any observed non conformance and follow up for NCR timely closure.
- Participate as required at inspection and Factory Acceptance Tests (FATs) on behalf of Company,
- Ensure that clarifications, derogations / exemptions and technical queries regarding electrical and instrumentation design of the buoy are properly treated in line with Company specifications and procedure, providing timely responses to the contractor/subcontractor and vendors,
- Be proactive in reporting and highlighting areas of concern in the discipline and making recommendations on corrective actions,
- Participate in project meetings at the Worksite.
- Follow up field engineering and ensure red mark-up of detailed engineering documents for as-built dossiers realisation accordingly,
- Follow up and supervise execution of tests, pre-commissioning and commissioning activities related to Electrical and Instrumentation Systems for the OLT Buoy,
- Perform other works as may be assigned by Construction Superintendent at the Worksite or by OLT System Leader in the discipline.
- Ensure detailed activities and progress reporting by issuing regular reports, any specific project reports, presentations, etc, as applicable or required for the works to hierarchy.
- To ensure that an effective implementation of HSEQ requirements is applied, as appropriate at Worksite.
- To take time for checking safety documents and permits at Worksite.
- To ensure that risk assessment prior to starting of a new activity is properly conducted and understood by personnel involved.
- To make himself visible at Worksite and available/approachable for discussion about HSE concerns.
- To demonstrate evidence of his relationship to safety with clear communication on site about commitment to safety.
- To continuously assess safety behaviour of personnel and intervene with a pro-active approach explaining and coaching.
- To take every opportunity at site to communicate with workforce about safety, listening on difficulties, sharing his own experience and proposing applicable solutions.
- To be involved in incident investigation and follow-up actions implementation.
- Participate at safety tours, visits, tool box talks, JSA, etc, at the Worksite as required or necessary
- Directly responsible for supervision and follow up of execution of the project’s Electrical and Instrumentation scope of works at the Worksite, ensuring effective work planning and successful scope completion within schedule, including precommissioning / commissioning activities as applicable.
- With full compliance to HSEQ requirements and best practice, the job holder is accountable for ensuring that CONTRACTOR / SUBCONTRACTOR carry out the works in accordance with COMPANY General Specification, project requirements, specified acceptance criteria and quality according to the Contract.
- Report to the OLT Construction Superintendent on all project Electrical and Instrumentation works execution at the Worksite.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Graduate Bachelors Degree holder (BSc or BEng), or equivalent, in Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering.
- Minimum of 7 years working experience in the Oil and Gas industry, with good experience in engineering designs and execution at construction phase.
- Good knowledge of applicable codes, standards and regulations for electrical and instrumentation engineering and construction.
- Good knowledge and previous experience of General Specifications will be added advantage.
- Administrative skills including proficiency in typical office applications (Words, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
- Fluent in English and ability to communicate well at all levels within the Company. In addition, the candidate must possess very good planning, presentation, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Geographical mobility is required.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Amaiden Energy Nigeria career website on amaidenenergy.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Amaiden Energy NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Job Vacancies at a Reputable Oil & Gas (Upstream) Company - Smart Partners Consulting Limited
- Job Openings at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Job Opportunities at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- HR Systems Analyst at Cleanserve Integrated Energy Solutions Limited (CIES)
- IT Support Administrator at Tamrose Ventures Limited
- Graduate Facility Officer at RusselSmith Group
- Aviation Sales Officer at Cleanserve Integrated Energy Solutions Limited (CIES)
- Health, Safety and Environment Manager at MG Vowgas Group