Job Opportunity at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
Posted on: 9 December, 2016
Deadline: 19 December, 2016
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
Job Type: Contracts
Report to: Completion Engineering Manager through Well Equipment Inspection Superintendent
TASKS - Within a team work context:
- Ensure that all Company owned Deepwater Wellbore Drilling and Subsea Completion Equipment is received into storage, tested, and/or mobilised in line with approved QA/QC procedures
- Ensure that all tasks are performed within approved Company approved or mandated Health and Safety Guidelines
- Ensure that Completion Subassemblies are made-up, tested, managed and stored in line with approved processes, procedures and relevant Company rules
- Ensure that all materials and equipment required for deepwater well completion, within its purview and located in contractors base, are loaded out to the rig in a timely manner
- Ensure that equipment returned from the rig are inspected and returned to stock in line with approved standard QA/QC procedures and industry best practices
- Ensure appropriate documentation and certification provided by Contractor for all equipment to be stored or mobilized for company use, in line with best QA/QC practice, and Company procedures.
- Prepare operations programs for equipment preparation
- Produce the technical and operational synthesis
- Ensure follow-up of equipment preparation operations
- Draw up operating procedures for workshop activities including QC procedures
- Ensure cost follow-up
- Conduct studies to improve performance
- Conduct studies and projects for affiliates
- Participate in technical evaluation of tenders for service and equipment contracts
- Optimize activities of service providers and assess their performance
- Ensure the respect of safety rules and frames of reference
- Anticipate needs and organize supply
- Propose technological innovations
- Contribute to improving skills and know-how
- Participate in R&D projects
- Evaluate job holders
- Prepare budgets
- Participate in the training of job holders
- Implement operating structures
Observations on Activities and Tasks - In close liaison with Well Equipment Inspection Superintendent and DCD Engineering Teams:
- Ensure Company and Contractor procedures are in place and fully updated prior to commencing any activity.
- Ensure Contractor’s personnel are fully aware of the content / aim / requirement of the activity
- Ensure Contractor’s tools, necessary for the works (thread gauges, pressure test equipment, bucking unit, drift, OD & ID caliper…), are in good working order and calibrated
- Witness / monitor equipment and subassembly inspection & testing activities at Contractor’s facility (e.g. Halliburton, Baker, Schlumberger, Ciscon ,Weatherford, OAL …) on single items
- Ensure that testing of equipment / subassemblies are performed in line with procedures that have been fully approved by the Engineering team.
- Ensure that the equipment/subassembly storage and transportation conditions are in line with standard industry practices.
- Ensure that Completion Equipment is tested and ready for load-out in line with rig superintendent look ahead.
- Ensure all QC documentations are fully completely filled up and approved prior to equipment dispatch to the rig.
- Ensure that all equipment / sub assemblies returned from the rig are received into storage in line with approved procedures and industry best practices
- Confirm with Superintendent whether returned sub assemblies require breakout and if so the required process to be followed
- Monitor and follow up all local fabrications, ensuring that the fabrication and subsequent testing are in line with industry standards and relevant Company rules.
- Perform pre-mobilization inspection of equipment and tools (including radioactive sources and explosives)
- Perform equipment / subassembly failure investigation as may be required
- Conduct System Integration tests as required by heirarchy
- Assist in the annual (or semi-annual) audit of all Drilling and Completion sub contractors
- Provide required assistance to well intervention for equipment preparation and make-up
- Report all anomalies and Non-conformances in the equipment / process / procedures to the Well inspection leader and maintain / update a non-conformance report register / database at all times.
- Follow-up all raised non-conformances until closure
- Ensure that required completion equipment / subassemblies are loaded out to the rig on time.
- Stand in for the QA/QC superintendent, as required by Hierarchy
- Approval of QA/QC plan
- Approval of QA/QC procedures
- Operational decisions
- For subassemblies, specifically, failure to follow approved procedures and industry best practices in the workshop may lead to significant Non-Productive-Time (NPT) and possible loss of the well, in the case of major equipment / string failure downhole.
- Knowledge of deepwater drilling and completion equipment (including subsea XT systems), subassembly make-up procedures, relevant Company rules (completion screens, completion equipment testing etc) and associated QA/QC
- Initial formal education: Higher National Diploma – HND / or its Equivalent
- Professional experience (number of years): 7 years minimum
- Other (prior experience desirable): Offshore Completion Supervisor, Completion Equipment QA/QC Inspector, prior
- demonstrable experience with Halliburton and/or Schlumberger subsea completion equipment will be an advantage.
Method of Application
Note: Only registered members can apply for jobs.
Interested and qualified? Go to Amaiden Energy Nigeria career website on amaidenenergy.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Amaiden Energy NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Discipline Engineer (Marine) at Petrok Oil And Gas Services Limited
- Job Openings at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
- HSE Supervision and Scaffold Services Officer at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Asset Integrity Engineer at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
- Job Vacancies at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
- Enginners at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
- Marketing and Communications Director at Jagal Group
- Operations Officer at Bloffin General Merchant Limited jobs in Nigeria Bloffin General Merchant Limited