The Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto (formerly University of Sokoto) is one of the four Universities established by the Federal Government of Nigeria in September 1975, at which time three University Colleges (now full-fledged Universities) were established.
- The Director, who is the Chief Administrative Officer of the Centre Is responsible to the Governing Board of the Centre, through the Vice Chancellor for the day to day administration of the Centre.
Candidates applying for the post shall:
- Possess Ph.D degree in Engineering or Sciences specialized in Energy or Energy related area.
- Be a Professor in a University or Senior Principal Research Fellow in Federal Research Institute and working in Energy or energy-related field.
- Be a Reader in a University or Deputy Director/Principal Research Fellow or equivalent in a Federal Research Institute and with at least four (4) years experience in the post, working in the area of energy or energy-related field.
- Applicants from within the Research Centre and Host University should have added advantage.
- Be conversant with Public Service Rules and Financial Regulations.
- Applicants above sixty (60) years of age need not to apply.
Salary and Condition of Service
The remuneration and other terms for engagement for successful candidate shall be as obtained in the Energy Commission of Nigeria, unless otherwise stated.
Method of Application
Applicants should send thirty (30) copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), providing information on the following:
- Full Name
- Place and Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Permanent Home Address
- Qualifications with Dates (photocopies to be attached)
- Statement of Experience including full details of former and present post
- Other activities outside current employment.
Candidates will be required to forward a five (5) year vision for the Centre in not more than 500 words.
All applications are to be submitted under confidential cover with envelop marked ‘Post of Director, SERC” addressed to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Usmanu Danfodiyo University,
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale