Job Opportunity at Abt Associates
Posted on: 9 December, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at ABT Associates
Abt Associates is a mission-driven, global leader in research and program implementation in the fields of health, social and environmental policy, and international development. Known for its rigorous approach to solving complex challenges, Abt Associates is regularly ranked as one of the top 20 global research firms and one of the top 40 international development innovators. The company has multiple offices in the U.S. and program offices in more than 40 countries.
Program details: The Agriculture Competitiveness Project is to strengthen agriculture productivity and profitability of smallholder farmers. The Agribusiness activity will strengthen the business enabling environment to promote private sector investment in agriculture.
MA/MBA with 15+ years of experience OR PhD with 10 - 15 years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Under the supervision of a Portfolio Manager, the Principal Associate / Chief of Party provides technical leadership, management, and strategic direction for the Project.
- This position is responsible for guiding senior technical staff and for ensuring the responsiveness and quality of work along with efficient use of resources and achievement of results.
- The Chief of Party has the final authority within the project team for decisions related to technical, management, resource allocation and personnel issues, and will be accountable for the successful implementation of all aspects of the project.
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Provides leadership and strategic direction for the entire project, resolves problems, and has overall responsibility and accountability to USAID for ensuring that the Abt project team provides high-quality technical products and services, delivers required results, and uses resources efficiently.
- Holds responsibility for project inputs, project strategy, external representation and coordination with Project counterparts, USAID, and other USG entities, other donors within the sector and other programs, as necessary.
- Ensures compliance with the project contract requirements and the oversight of project interventions which will meet the stated objectives of the project.
- Meets with the USAID AOR on a regular basis to keep him/her updated about the project.
- Ensures the timely preparation and submission of semi-annual, annual and other reports specified in the agreement.
- Monitors the progress and pace of project implementation, ensures that project performance meets the client’s expectations, and brings to USAID's attention any issues and concerns regarding project implementation in a systematic and timely manner.
- As the official representative of Abt Associates, ensures the success of the project, and be liable for any failure, on behalf of the organization.
- Supervises the project’s Senior Management Team and has the final authority within the Team for decisions related to technical, management, resource allocation, and personnel issues.
- Oversees all management/administrative reports and monitoring and evaluation activities in accordance with a Performance Monitoring Plan which monitors progress toward achieving the SO and Intermediate Results.
- Oversees all financial report activities, including submission of quarterly reports detailing fund categories and status for all activities.
- In concert with the Technical Director, manages short-term technical assistance resources.
- Scans the environment and takes leadership actions to maximize opportunities and to strengthen partnerships and alliances
- Clarifies roles, delegates responsibilities to senior staff, communicates expectations for work and contribution to project activities
- Represents Abt Associates’ corporate interests within the country.
- Master’s Degree (minimum), or a PhD (desirable), in Business Administration, Finance, Agriculture, Social Sciences, or other relevant field.
- More than fifteen (15) years of relevant professional experience designing, implementing and managing large and complex business, finance trade investments projects in developing countries.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a COP of a multi-year donor-funded project. USAID experience preferred.
- Experience in Nigeria, West Africa or Africa.
- Experience building the capacity of staff, local partners, and organizations preferred.
- Experience in developing or overseeing funds and the distribution of those funds utilizing a grants mechanism
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience in managing disease prevention and control interventions primarily through a technical assistance approach.
- Experience interacting with host county governments and counterparts and international donor agencies at high levels and civil society organizations.
- Experience developing project vision, aligning key stakeholders around that vision, and assuring that the vision is translated into implementable strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to assure that individuals and teams adhere to the highest standards of quality, relevance and timeliness.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to ABT Associates career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about ABT AssociatesSimilar Jobs
- Deputy Project Director-Global Fund at FHI 360
- Health Systems Adviser at the World Health Organization (WHO)
- Head, Administration & General Services at Action Health Incorporated (AHI)
- Consultant - SCEEP Endline Evaluation at ActionAid Nigeria
- Emergency Coordinator, Northeast at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Clinic Assistant at the International Rescue Committee
- Humanitarian Capacity Strengthening Officer at Catholic Agency for Overseas Development
- Fresh Vacancies at Save the Children