Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
- Health Policy Plus (HP+) is a global USAID-funded five-year project awarded to Palladium (formerly Futures Group) on August 28, 2015. HP+ has a mandate across global, country and sub-national levels to strengthen and advance health policy priorities in the areas of family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH), HIV, and maternal health.
- HP+ aims to improve the enabling environment for equitable and sustainable health services, supplies, and delivery systems through policy development and implementation, with an emphasis on voluntary, rights-based health programs.
- HP+ will help public health and policy leaders attach higher priority to their national and sub-national health needs, secure sustainable financing, advance health equity, and monitor policy implementation to ensure gains stay on track.
- HP+ aims to secure long-term enduring change by working with coalitions both inside and outside of health and showing common cause with neglected populations and other development actors.
- Central elements of HP+ revolve around building in-country capacity, institutionalizing achievements of past investments, and promoting country ownership of programs and initiatives.
- Under the HP+ program in Nigeria, Palladium is seeking a Senior Policy and Advocacy Advisor to provide content knowledge, technical assistance, consultation, and support for the development and execution of family planning advocacy, policy communication, and policy development and implementation activities.
- The individual will collaborate with a variety of government, civil society and private sector partners on policy and advocacy activities with the goal of increasing support and funding for quality family planning services and programs.
- Responsibilities require extensive knowledge of family planning policy and advocacy issues in Nigeria and knowledge of the donor environment in this context, especially USAID.
- S/he will report to the HP+ Country Director, Nigeria.
- Conceptualizes and provides leadership support for technical activities in family planning policy, advocacy, stewardship and other related areas.
- Supports individual and institutional capacity building efforts for a diverse cadre of family planning champions in advocacy, policy communications and negotiations including government, women leaders, the media and civil society.
- Facilitates stakeholder consultation and meetings at the national and state levels.
- Stays abreast of key developments in family planning policy in Nigeria in order to inform technical support activities under the HP+ Nigeria Country Program. This includes frequent interaction with the GoN stakeholders relevant to this area as well as multilateral partners and donor agencies.
- Prepares family planning policy analyses, recommendations, policy briefs, and assessments for client and government use.
- Supervises the design, printing and dissemination of policy briefs and policy communication materials in English to audiences at the national and state levels.
- Prepares family planning policy analyses, recommendations, and policy briefs.
- Supervises short-term consultants in Nigeria assigned to family planning policy and policy communication activities.
- Provides assistance within the project team on monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and documentation of project results.
- Represents the projects, company, and programs in the family planning policy area in Nigeria and regional forums, as well as with others in the professional community and in countries of collaboration, independent of technical supervision.
- Conducts all work to accepted standards of research ethics.
- Actively participates in the development of annual work planning, design, implementation, and reporting related to project technical activities.
- Responds to ad hoc technical requests from USAID and other donors and agencies as directed by the Country Director.
- Participates in the preparation of bids and proposals in response to government, foundation or other donor solicitation as requested by the company or supervisor.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Significant experience in family planning policy, advocacy and policy communication in Nigeria
- Master's Degree or higher in public health, public policy, political science, public administration, communication or a related technical degree.
- 7-8 years of experience required
- Fluency in English required.
- Demonstrated strength and experience providing technical assistance, writing technical reports, and policy briefs targeted to decision makers.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and build consensus across diverse sets of stakeholders.
- Experience in client relationship management, reporting, program work planning is preferred.
- Experience in M&E and documentation of project results highly desirable.
- Appropriate computer skills necessary to conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Prior experience working with USG-funded programs is required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills for high-level policy audiences
- Strong facilitation skills required
- Ability and willingness to travel within Nigeria.
Method of Application
Note: The position is restricted to Nigerian nationals.
Interested and qualified? Go to career website on www.thepalladiumgroup.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.