IT Manager at Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners
Posted on: 8 December, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at GVA Partners
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners is a business advisory and market intelligence services firm. Our objectives are to assist organizations to achieve their growth aspirations by providing market intelligence, strategy blueprint, IT solution delivery expertise and business operation improvement capabilities.
- Supervises: IT VAS Support Engineer, IT VAS Software Engineer
- Manage technical operations and projects for the deployment and delivery of VAS products and services
- Responsible for the provision of reliable IT infrastructure to guarantee high output levels from all teams.
Role and Responsibilities
Operations and Management:
- Develop a robust IT strategy based on the Company’s goals and business needs.
- Manage deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all VAS and IT systems with scalable options for future expansions.
- Deploy new products and services on the VAS platform based on the service description, flow and business rules.
- Liaise with the operational and marketing teams on scoping, design, customization and commissioning of solutions based on customer requirements.
- Responsible for the integration of VAS platforms with MNOs including SMSC, SMS Gateway, MMSC, USSDC, MSC, SDP, OTA, Billing etc.
- Ensure 99.999% availability of VAS and IT services and platforms.
- Develop test cases and carry out acceptance tests for newly deployed Vas platforms and solutions.
- Have a full understanding of VAS protocols including SMPP, USSDI&II, MM7, HTTP, SS7, M3UA, Sigtran, diameter, Web service, IP and others (SNMP).
- Deploy and integrate the Company’s products/services in the client’s environment.
- Develop tender specifications, technical and commercial evaluation (requirements gathering, RFQ issuance, vendor evaluation, procurement) and implementation.
- Build strong relationships with clients’ technical teams and facilitate client workshops and meetings.
- Design and deploy technical processes and policies to guarantee shorter response/resolution time and high performance standards.
- Perform readiness tests on newly implemented VAS systems and products to validate features, capacity and functions.
- Maintain a trouble ticketing process for complaints resolution.
- Keep abreast of new developments and technology trends in VAS, telecommunication and networking.
- Maintain the change management process for all deployments, enhancements, upgrades and modifications to the products and platforms.
- Develop and maintain all technical documentation including network architecture, inter-connectivity, IP infrastructure, redundancy etc.
- Design and implement a data protection plan to include security, backup and restore of all forms of data across all systems.
- Manage the company’s IT infrastructure: email services, internet access, Antivirus etc.
- Develop desktop, mobile and web applications, scripts for automated operational activities, etc.
- Management and Reporting
- Attend customer meetings with other teams to collate requirements and provide clarifications, where required.
- Assist in responses to request for proposals, request for quotation, bids etc.
- Generate periodic reports including daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly performance reports, activity reports, service adoption, revenue, capacity, network, etc.
- Ensure internal collaboration and communication with other functional teams to meet customer needs and operational efficiency within the Company.
- Perform other assigned duties as delegated by management from time to time.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in technical within the VAS, Telecommunication or ICT industry.
- Minimum of 2 years in a supervisory/managerial level.
- Completed NYSC
- Certificate Management Programs (e.g. ITIL)(optional)
- Post Graduate Degree, MA/MBA/MSc (optional).
- Operating system environments: Linux/UNIX and Windows Operating systems administration and management.
- Servers and Data Backup.
- Databases: Database Administration.
- Proficiency in Service Management
- Business Intelligence
- Project Management
- Research and Writing
- Use of CRM
- Use of Microsoft Office suite
- Interpersonal skills
- Resource Management
- Attention to detail
- Excellent Communication skills
- Personal Characteristics
- A self-starter with high attention to detail
- Great team work and collaborative spirit
- Proven ability to make an impact internally and externally
- Analytical minded
- Ability to engage and drive others to deliver targets
- Exhibit high energy levels and drive
- Ability to easily adapt to changing work environment
- Exhibit Professionalism at all times.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV's to firstname.lastname@example.org
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about GVA PartnersSimilar Jobs
- Accountant at Sunray Ventures
- Business Intelligence Analyst at The Concept Group
- Career Opportunities at PriceWaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Risk, Independence and Legal Administrator at Deloitte Nigeria
- Business Sales Executives at a Telecommunications Company - Workforce Group
- Current Job Placements at Inter-Arc Consultants Ltd
- Jobs at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
- Executive Assistant at Ernst & Young (EY)