Palladium Group - Our client, Voices for Change (V4C) is a recently designed, UK Aid funded, four year programme running from October 2013 to December 2017. The goal of V4C is to help transform social attitudes towards girls and women in Nigeria by working on specific individual, social and institutional changes.
- The Key Influencers Lead role is to lead the implementation of Output 3 - ?Key Influencers? to demand recognition for, and value the role and voices of young women at state and national level.
- This will be achieved through motivating key influencers to participate in a movement for change for gender equality.
- The key influencer lead will lead transformational behavior change approaches to ensure the support of key influencers including; men?s networks, male and female religious, traditional, political, media and other leaders.
Provide technical leadership in the implementation of ?Output 3 ? Key Influencers?, including:
- Leading in identifying, inspiring and building capacity of key influencers (eg, religious leaders, men working in community based organisations, traditional structures etc) to promote gender equality and women's empowerment, encouraging healthy and respectful interactions with women and girls
- Working with the ?web based community managers? review web-based content and monitor the virtual platform to ensure respectful and safe web-based discussions for young men on masculinity
- Building a cadre of trained facilitators to lead transformational behavior change approaches on gender and masculinity with a range of key influencers (outlined above).
- Lead on development and roll out of a ?taking action? booklet for a variety of stakeholders to be shared physically and virtually
Support movement building with men for gender justice including:
- Encouraging key influencers to participate in movement building for women by men, identifying and bringing together key influencers that are advocates of gender equality, at both state and national levels together with young women and men and gender advocates
- Promoting new norms around gender justice by strengthening networks and developing campaigns with men and boys working closely with other thematic leads
- Creating a critical mass by linking up state, national, regional and international networks and alliances.
Lead on development of communications messaging on gender and masculinity, promoting the voices of key influencers at scale:
- In partnership with the communications team, participate in message development for radio and television programmes/commercials ensuring issues of masculinity reflect the realities of men in Nigeria and challenge negative stereotypes
- Lead on development of Christian and Islamic supportive text and communications products that reflect interpretations of the Quran and Bible that are supportive of gender justice, including billboards, handouts, online text blogs etc.
Responsible for managing Output 3 budget:
- Ensuring annual budget is developed, projecting accurate monthly expenditure
- Accurate monthly forecasting, communicating to the finance team mid-month of anticipated under or overspends
- Effectively manage annual budget burn rate, communicating early with Deputy Team Leaders when variances are occurring
Responsible for ensuring effective monitoring, evaluation and reporting:
- Ensuring regular quality progress feedback is received from key influencers and documented effectively within database
- Review monitoring tools to ensure they are effective in garnering quality quantitative and qualitative evidence
- Lead on review of monitoring findings, reflecting on evidence and adaptations needed to ensure high quality programming
- Produce high quality quarterly and annual reports on time.
- Supervise the Technical Support Officer and Output 3 Men?s facilitator and consultants
- Any other reasonable activities determined by the Team Leader or Deputy Team Leaders.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of a Masters degree in Social Sciences, Humanities or any related discipline. (or equivalent in experience)
- Minimum of 5 years experience working inthe development sector especially on gender and research.
- Demonstrable web literacy and technological awareness, including:
- Writing and uploading web-based content.
- Working with the Communications Manager and Output 1 Lead to develop ?lifestyle inspirational? brand platform.
- Monitoring virtual platform to ensure respectful and safe web-based discussions.
- Having an awareness and practical application of social media platforms.
- Monitoring virtual platform safety.
- Creating online learning modules.
- Creating and cultivating online audiences.
- Contributing to V4C blog posts.
- Familiarity with online learning tools.
- Uploading content to V4C website.
- Awareness of social media and being active on at least 2 social media Platforms.
- Deliver virtual training to key influencers on GEWE related issues.
Demonstrable ability to:
- Communicate verbally at all levels with others, including networking with key influencers regionally and internationally, influencing, training virtually and face to face, presenting, generating ideas, researching, identifying needs, technical communication.
- Write complex documents, including reports, presentations, web-based content, virtual and face to face training materials, online training modules.
- Facilitate discussion around and analyse target audience needs.
- Support partners to Develop and implement campaigns.
- Writing complex documents, including reports, presentations, web-based content, virtual and face to face training materials, online training modules, webinar content.
- Carry out risk assessments.
- Deliver face to face training to key influencers on GEWE related issues
- Managing Team Performance
- Working knowledge of Nigerian culture.
- Subject matter expert on working with men and boys to explore gender, identity and sexual reproductive health rights.
- Understanding of how gender roles influence relationships and promote inequality / equality.
- Building Collaborative Relationships
- Monitoring and Evaluating
- Persuading and Influencing
- Project Management
- Researching and Analysing
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Voices for Change (V4C) career website on www.thepalladiumgroup.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale