Graduate Application Developers at MainOne Cable Nigeria
Posted on: 6 December, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Main One Cable
MainOne's success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you'll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
Job Code: CSIT001
Department: Information Technology
Reporting Line: BI and Application Development Lead
- The Application Developer will deploy and administer the companywide SharePoint Enterprise portal server in MainOne.
- The Developer shall also be responsible for developing software to meet the immediate needs of the business whenever it is cheaper and time effective to do so compared to buying and off the shelf software
Other Responsibilities include:
- Automate business processes
- Ensure the business maximize the use of SharePoint for application development and business collaboration.
- Develop applications that may not be SharePoint dependent.
- Develop mobile applications where necessary for business process automation.
- Carry-out research and development.
- Monitor SharePoint Server health and make necessary changes to ensure the server is always available.
- Gather initial user requirements.
- Design solution based on SharePoint Enterprise platform if possible.
- Select a vendor in cases where is more economical to buy software.
- Document all software solutions developed.
- Manage the backend of the corporate website.
- To work directly under the supervision of BI and Applications Lead
- Under the supervision of the Manager, you will be required to liaise and interface with other groups/departments within the company, as well as the external IT support organisations
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science or Equivalent
- 1-3 years’ relevant post NYSC experience required
- Knowledge of C#, PowerShell, Java and PHP programing language.
- Knowledge of MSSQL, MySQL, Drupal, SharePoint Server 2013, WordPress.
- Object Oriented Design.
- Knowledge of Shell scripting, Linux Ubuntu OS environment.
- Software Development Skills in
- Analytical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Self-management skills
- Team work
- Customer Service
- Proficiency in MS Office & Products
Demand on the job
- Ability and willingness to work round the clock when required, and meet tight deadlines.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Main One Cable career website on career.mainone.net to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Main One CableSimilar Jobs
- Customer Care Role at HRLeverage
- Content Writer & Partner at Codulab Technologies Limited
- .NET Developers at Mobile Forms
- Latest Job Vacancy at General Electric (GE)
- Senior Account Manager at Universal Careers
- Website Developers at Resource Intermediaries Limited (RIL)
- Accounting Vacancy at an Information Technology Firm - Kimberly Ryan Limited
- Marketing Job Vacancy at General Electric (GE)