Marie Stopes International (MSION), is a results-orientated Social Business, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services. MSION's goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services. MSION is part of Marie Stopes International's Global Partnership which is in over 42 countries worldwide.
Job ID: #1807404
Reporting to: SBCC Advisor
Duration of contract: 30 days
Probationary period: N/A
Key Duties in relation to the Responsibilities
Under the guidance of the Director operations, the consultant will assist in reviewing all communication materials in line with the current market segmentation, hence increasing the visibility of MSION, its mandate and work in Nigeria, via a well-structured IEC and SBCC review and development process to:
- Coordinate a functioning network of SBCC strategist to review MSION existing IEC materials with a view to developing new ones.
- Comprehensive review of all MSION Communication Channels & Materials in light of her priority target groups (identifying the strengths & weaknesses)
- Facilitate a process of developing new communication materials & channels for different target audience based on review of current materials, available evidence on behavioural patterns of the various target audience
- Develop a communication strategy that will help improve MSION visibility within the Nigerian operating environment
- Produce IEC materials with specific reference to feature articles and human interest stories in consultation with the relevant Project managers outlining the way in which the projects are impacting or have impacted the lives WRA / Youth in their communities.
- Develop IEC materials that promote youth involvement in Advancing uptake of Family planning service in Nigeria.
- Review Youth Engagement Strategy and support SBCC Advisor to build Capacity of CMMOs to deliver on the YES.
- Pre-test the developed IEC messages.
- Design an impact monitoring plan and evaluate the success or otherwise of the pre-test
- Develop a distribution plan
- The expected outputs will vary once a passing deliverable is achieved, priorities will be based upon delivery.
Desired Background and Experience
- Advanced university degree in the social/behavioural sciences with emphasis on participatory communication, communication planning, social mobilization and impact evaluation of communication interventions.
- At least 10 years’ experience either working in the media, research documentation and report writing specialized in acknowledging Reproductive health.
- Knowledge of current developments and practices in communication including digital media, indigenous media, community organization and participation.
- Knowledge of the work of MSI branding is an advantage
- Ability to express clearly and concisely ideas and concepts in written and oral form.
- Proven skills in communication, networking, advocacy and negotiation.
- Good computer skills including and various office applications.
- Local knowledge and understanding of cultural and socio-economic conditions in Nigeria and the different ethnic groups.
- The contract will be temporary.
- The Consultant will work from MSION and will be provided with materials related to his/her work
go to method of application »
Locations: Abuja, Kano & Benin
Reporting to: Assistant Director, Clinical Quality Assurance
Probationary period: 6 months
- The post holder is required to demonstrate: initiative; energy; persistence; results orientation; drive; integrity and discretion; enthusiasm; and commitment to personal development to further MSI’s partnership mission of enabling individuals to have children by choice not chance.
- Marie Stopes International Organisation, Nigeria (MSION) implements programs to meet the reproductive health needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access to and use of appropriate services.
- The Clinical Quality Assurance Advisor is a member of the Clinical Services Team and is responsible for ensuring high quality clinical standards among the three service delivery channels: Centres of Excellence, Outreaches and Blue Star Social Franchising services, in line with the global Marie Stopes International (MSI) mantra of One World One Standard.
- This includes the provision of high quality training in MSI core FP and PAC services among the three channels as well as external SRH providers, where appropriate.
- The post will be based in Abuja with regular travel to other states within a region. The duties and responsibilities presented below may change as centre activities evolve and expand.
- Planning for Quality Technical Assurance (QTA)
- Responsible for quality technical assistance in MSI’s core services throughout MSION’s channels: Clinics, MS Ladies, Public sectors facilities, Outreach and Social Franchising.
- Perform quality needs assessment at all MSION clinical service delivery sites before each QTA commences.
- Spearhead well-coordinated information for facilities/service providers before each clinical Quality Assurance activity.
- Provide guidance in preparation of materials and logistics for various levels of facilities/service providers before, during and after each clinical Quality Assurance activity.
- Have and in-depth understanding of QTA and be conversant with various MSI QTA Tools, such as Centre, Star Scan, QTA check list etc.
- Provide support for Clinical teams managing performance problems / challenges within teams and where necessary.
- Ensure availability of all relevant MSI guidelines and training materials needed in training various levels of trainees
- Identify appropriate training needs within teams and, in consultation with the
- Line Manager, arrange for appropriate trainings and induction.
Providing Quality Technical Assurance:
- Conduct regular internal Quality Technical Assistance visits in all MSION clinical services delivery points to ensure that high quality clinical standards are consistently met.
- Provide advice and guidance to the Clinical Training Officers in the region on MSIONs quality assurance processes.
- Coordinate Clinical Training Officers within the region and provide appropriate and relevant training materials, documents, models and stationery to be purchased for each training.
- Coordinate delivery of clinical trainings to ensure that the quality of trainings conforms to the Marie Stopes international Medical Development Team training standards and that of Federal Ministry of Health.
- Follow up on all challenges/ complaints emanating from any clinical training sessions and ensure they are addressed professionally where necessary.
- Assist the Marketing Team with interviews relating to clinical issues to protect MSION reputation
- While on monitoring visits, identify appropriate training needs within facilities/service providers and, arrange for appropriate trainings.
- Willingness to travel at least 60%
- Perform any other reasonable duties as requested by his/her line manager.
Supportive Supervisory Functions:
- Shall be responsible for the conduct of competency assessment for all clinicians under his/her purview.
- Shall be responsible for ensuring certificates and licensure are tracked and up to date amongst clinician assigned to him/her.
Communication and Administration:
- Maintain an updated database of key trainings/orientations offered teams and other partners
- Keep and manage records of all centre activities including minutes of centre teams’ meetings.
- Ensure formal communications with the various health partners are properly documented
- Follow up on all clients complaints relating to any of the MSIN services and make recommendations.
- Investigate minor and major clinical incidents using the Incident Reporting Template and submit report to the CSM
- Make proper use of available information systems in MSI to facilitate service delivery & training.
- Participate actively in relevant workshops and conferences and contribute to the review of clinical standards and protocols for the benefit of MSION and its affiliates.
- Remain clinically active in MSION core services and support the centres to provide clinical services as and when the need arises.
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing, Midwifery or Medicine
- Masters degree in Public Health or International Health an advantage
- Senior Nurse/Midwives with training experience in Sexual and Reproductive health care delivery
- Evidence of good standing with a recognised clinical related professional body.
- Evidence of basic managerial qualification
Skills and Experience:
- At least 5-years post-graduation experience [ESSENTIAL]
- Experience of working in Sexual and Reproductive Health [ESSENTIAL]
- Experience in implementing quality assurance/quality improvement projects
- Excellent project management and coordination skills (ESSENTIAL)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. [ESSENTIAL]
- Work experience with a non-governmental organization (DESIRABLE)
- Articulate and analytical with attention to details (ESSENTIAL)
- Must have requisite experience to work with minimum supervision.
Attitude / Motivation:
- Sympathetic to women and men seeking Family Planning and Reproductive Health services [ESSENTIAL].
- Be able to work on own initiative and motivate others to achieve results.
- Customer focused with good interpersonal skills to engage with people at all levels –government, donor and community.
- Passionate about field work.
- Motivates team members to deliver high quality service and results.
- Team player.
- Self motivator and able to motivate others to achieve results.
go to method of application »
Locations: Port Harcourt, Benin, Kaduna, Jos, Lagos and Ogun
Reporting to: Sales Coordinator
Duration of contract: 2 years
Probationary period: 6 months
The core responsibility of this post is to use your:
- Initiative, energy, persistence, results, orientation
- Drive, integrity, enthusiasm, commitment to personal development.
- Achieve maximum sales, profitability, growth and account penetration within the assigned territory and/or market segment by effectively selling the MSION’s product/s and related services.
- Personally contacts and secures new business accounts/customers.
- Achieve set commercial sales / objectives / target for assigned territory.
- Promotes/sells/secures orders from existing and prospective customers of MSION through a relationship-based approach.
- Develop good knowledge of MSION product/s and services.
- Demonstrates products and services to existing/potential customers and assists them in understanding how MSION product/s best suit their needs.
- Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with current customers and prospective customers.
- Make in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
- Research sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential and follow-up approach.
- Monitor competitions and provide updates on competitive activities and advice and report to management through supervising sales coordinator.
- Keep proper and up-to-date record of customers’ purchases and payments.
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- MSION resource management: ensure MSION allocated resources are used to identify advantages and match with MSION’s products/services (build patronage & loyalty).
- Time management: maximizing the Return on Time Investment
Qualification/ Requirements (Essential)
- A University Degree in Biological Sciences, Pharmacy, Nursing.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A valid driver’s license.
- A minimum of one year of sales or related experience or training in pharmaceutical or healthcare / NGO sector.
- Experience or proven ability to be a team player.
- Ability to manage a high level workload and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Good detailing orientation
- Able to organize small and large scale events.
- Proactive; ability to work on one’s own and as an integral part of a team.
- Confident and professional.
- Analytical focus - strong detail orientation and numerate.
- Ability to develop and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders; sensitive to a multicultural environment and the communications needs that accompany these.
Work as One MSION:
- You contribute, use, and share accurate data and evidence to improve understanding, insight and decision-making across MSI, enabling us to maximize our ability to influence others
- You share relevant knowledge, expertise and resources to strengthen teamwork and prevent duplication of effort
- You actively work as part of a team, providing support and flexibility to colleagues, demonstrating fairness, understanding and respect for all people and cultures.
Show courage, authenticity and integrity:
- You hold yourself accountable for the decisions you make and the behaviours you demonstrate
- You are courageous in challenging others and taking appropriate managed risks.
Develop and grow:
- You seek feedback to enable greater self-awareness and provide the same to others in a way which inspires them to be even more effective
- You manage your career development including keeping your knowledge and skills up to date.
Deliver excellence, always:
- You strive to consistently meet and exceed expectations, putting clients at the centre of everything, and implement smarter, more efficient ways of performing your role
- You build and maintain effective long-term working relationships with all stakeholders, and are a true MSION ambassador.
Leadership (For Leaders only):
- You inspire individuals and teams, through situational leadership, providing clear direction
- You seek and provide opportunities which motivate team members, helping to develop skills and potential whilst strengthening our talent and succession pipeline.
- You are aware of emerging developments in our sector, demonstrating strategic insight about our clients and business and encourage this in your team.
- You articulate a vision of the future which inspires and excites others.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CVs and suitability statement as a single attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org the subject of the email should be the POSITION TITLE/LOCATION and the CV/Suitability statement should be saved in the applicant’s full name.
- Shortlisting will start as soon as we start receiving applications and deadline might be changed without prior notice
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- MSION is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to achieving gender balance within the organization. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.