African Development Bank Group (AfDB) - Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
Location: Cote d'Ivoire
- The President, plans, supervises and manages the business of the Bank Group. Under the direction of the Boards of Directors, the President conducts the business of the Bank and the African Development Fund and manages operations and activities in accordance with the Agreements establishing the ADB and the ADF.
- The President supervises several Departments and Units including Office of the President (SAPR); Independent Development Evaluation Department (IDEV); Integrity and Anti-Corruption Department (IACD); Compliance Review and Mediation Unit (CRMU); Secretariat to the Sanctions Appeals Board (SABS); Administrative Tribunal (TRIB); Office of the Auditor General (OAGL); Group Risk Management Directorate (GCRO); General Counsel and Legal Services Department (GECL); Communication and External Relations Department (CERD); Staff Integrity and Ethics Office (SIEO) and Office of the Secretary General & General Secretariat.
The Hiring Department/Division:
- Responsible for Developing preventive measures to proactively reduce the potential for misconduct, fraud or corruption within Bank Group financed operations
- Responsible forConducting investigations into allegations of fraud and corruption and other sanctionable practices in Bank financed operations
- Responsible forConducting investigations into allegations of fraud, corruption and misconduct involving Bank Group Staff with regard to Bank operations, corporate procurement, or administrative budgets, and the misuse of Bank resources
Fraud prevention is unique and provides a number of challenges. The incumbent is expected to:
- Use specialized methods to assess institutional and operational risks to develop strategies for fraud prevention, taking into account the dynamic nature of fraud and corruption.
- Ensure that the Bank staff and external partners have the requisite capacity to monitor the potential risk of fraud within Bank activities. The incumbent is therefore expected to possess the requisite technical, preventive and analytical expertise in addition to verbal communication, presentation and writing skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Division Manager, the Senior Integrity Officer shall carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in establishing Bank-wide view of fraud by compiling fraud types from investigation reports (into a single file) and analyzing them to provide relevant recommendations/strategies for fraud prevention and to enhance integrity;
- Take part in the dissemination of lessons learned from investigative results to staff and stakeholders and undertake capacity building;
- Participate in undertaking Fraud Risk Assessments and prevention efforts in the Bank;
- Participate in monitoring and follow-up of anti-corruption recommendations contained in Management Implication Reports and other Referral Reports issued by IACD;
- Assist in assessing compliance with conditions for non-debarment and release from debarment in line with imposed sanctions;
- Participate in the conduct of proactive reviews aimed at detecting and preventing fraud or corruption in Bank-financed projects in collaboration with relevant units within the Bank and in member countries;
- Participate in the review of project management systems and procedures to detect indicators of fraud and corruption and other integrity risks;
- Contribute to the development of proactive mechanisms to promote prevention of integrity risks in the Bank Group’s private sector lending activities;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of proactive strategies which prevent fraud and corruption in the Bank Group;
- Prepare and conduct presentations on outreaching activities on anti-fraud and anti-corruption awareness, detection and prevention;
- Assist the division to developing tools to enhance due diligence practices and make recommendations for measures or institutional reforms to close loopholes and ensure compliance with Bank Group policies and applicable international conventions.
- Assist in collaborating in multilateral efforts to mitigate the risks of fraud or corruption in development activities;
- Assist in the preparing annual activity report on the activities of the Division and its publication;
- Support the division’s effort in enhancing external action in the fight against fraud and corruption by conducting fraud and corruption awareness and publicity programs in RMCs, and provide relevant training for Bank employees in the field offices and for external partners;
- Assist in preparing the Division’s Annual Report;
- Undertake other assignments upon demand.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Hold at least a Master’s Degree or its equivalent in Social Sciences, Business Administration, Procurement, Accounting, Auditing and/or a related field.
- Professional qualification as a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) would be an advantage.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the area of governance, anti-corruption and anti-fraud in government, private, civil society sector, a multi-lateral development financial institution or relevant development organization.
- Practical experience in anti-fraud, and anti-corruption strategies in private and public sector.
- Strong time management and document management skills with fine attention to detail.
- Experience in working and living in Africa.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Strong and proven ability to write, present and report clearly.
- Excellent planning, organizational and analytical ability; attention to detail and ability to work independently and manage challenges.
- Integrity and strong interpersonal skills, with and proven ability to work in a team to develop trust and demonstrate fairness.
- Ability to communicate and write effectively in English and/or French with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence in the use of Microsoft standard software applications used in the Bank (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to African Development Bank - AfDB career website on www.afdb.org to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale