If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
Job ID: 20203
Location: Lagos Island
Job Sector: Banking
- To ensure that the internal audit function of the Bank provides quality services that complies with internal and international auditing standards and management expectations
- Performing/leading audits in accordance with Group Internal Audit (GIA) methodology and professional practice standards; drafting of audit reports; presenting issues to the business; and discussing practical solutions.
- Applying in-depth level of expertise in branch banking operations including: ATM/Vault management, Credit, blank forms handling, physical security, etc.
- Understanding the interconnectedness of products and support units throughout the Bank and how they impact on the area of responsibility.
- Delivering timely high quality audit reports.
- Upholding the highest possible quality of services through various quality control checks and appropriate allocation of duties.
Key performance Measures
- Meeting quarterly audit plan targets.
- Submission of monthly, quarterly and annual reports to GIA and senior management.
- Budgetary expenditure variances to be positive.
- Decide on which business areas to include in the annual plan, based on the global risk assessments and Audit Universe.
- Decide on the composition of audit teams, gravity of cases to be investigated and time to be allocated thereto.
- Interpret audit findings and decide on suitability of recommendations made and overall rating awarded.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Possess of a first degree.
- A professional qualification such as CIA, CISA, CIMA, ACCA, ACA, COBIT or similar is a plus
- At least 3 years of experience in banking operations or financial services audit function.
- Working knowledge of audit/risk assessment techniques and principles
- Clear and concise communication skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Stanbic IBTC career website on careers.peopleclick.eu.com to apply