Job Opening at a Leading Logistics Company - Adexen Recruitment Agency
Posted on: 5 December, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View All Jobs at Adexen
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by a leading logistics service provider to recruit candidates for its operations in Nigeria
Job Reference: 973
Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain
Function: Commercial & Communication
- The Commercial Manager will oversee company needs, handle daily business issues, manage company associations, and recognize business opportunities.
- The Commercial Manager will report to the Managing Director.
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for Identifying short - long term business opportunities & develop close collaborative relationships with key players, and fully understand their objectives.
- He/ She will be in charge of the formation & submission of reports, tenders and business proposals, interpret statistics, advice the General Manager on economical, political, commercial & other related developments in the area of the company’s interest; inclusive of developing /marketing the break bulk and containerized export services to all sectors and for all kind of commodities. A complementary focus on Oil & Gas sector is given.
- The Commercial Manager will oversee the activities of the direct sales (Lagos, Port Harcourt) team to ensure appropriate and targeted sales activities, in line with the Marketing Plan.
- Set up a sales and marketing strategy with the General Manager to address the market efficiently
- Deliver presentations and negotiate contracts
- Manage commercial agency agreement / negotiations, resolution of contractual disputes, sales/ purchase activities
- Identify all potential prospects within the activity portfolio of the company
- Meet with existing and prospect customers to develop effective working relationships and identify and obtain further their future programs.
- Provide feedback to appropriate Senior/group management on the status of customers business, changes in their requirements and organization so as to ensure that existing and future contracts and bids can be delivered in the most efficient and effective way.
- Provide detailed updates and forecasts on changes in client and competitor status and activity to ensure that business opportunities are fully exploited.
- Set up offers to client
- Follows up and organize the answers in any bid processes organized by clients
- Follows up the operational excellence of the process with operation team
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a similar or related position
- Must have hands on experience in sales & marketing in the logistics sector
- Extensive knowledge of the container/logistics industry and an ability to relate with shipping companies, other associated industry managers/customers
- Ability to advise company on Service strategy, Service transition, Service delivery and Service improvement
- Minimum of a B.Sc or HND degree from a recognized University or Polytechnic, an MBA will be of great advantage.
- Practical experience in forecasting
- Strong analytical skills with ability to develop strategies and tactics as well as implementation skills
- Very good in the use of Excel and presentation tools, ERP knowledge will be an added advantage.
- Attention to detail and good selling skills.
- Effective Customer Service skills
- Effective Management & Organisational skills
- Attractive expatriate package
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Adexen career website on www.adexen.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about AdexenSimilar Jobs
- Fresh Jobs at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
- Fresh Vacancies at West Africa Container Terminal (WACT)
- Jobs at DCSL Corporate Services Limited
- Procurement and Sourcing Analyst at Maersk Line
- Assistant Project Managers at a Global Shipping and Logistics Company - Fosad Consulting
- Professional Driver at Tekra Global Concepts Limited
- Regional Account Manager at American AirSea Cargo
- Jobs at Parcel Line Logistics