If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
SI has been operating in Borno State since July 2016, and is strongly focusing on the massive life-saving needs of the conflict-affected populations, through a 3-legged strategy:
- Emergency multisectorial assessment capacity in remote LGAs aiming at allowing the provision of concrete, response-sizing-oriented data to the humanitarian community, in strong coordination with mapping and coordination actors (OCHA, IOM DTM).
- Rapid Response Mechanism in newly accessible LGAs, in order to provide adequate, massive rapid responses. The scope of intervention considers an integrated response so as to cover the basic essential needs of displaced and non-displaced populations.
- Multisectorial early recovery interventions in secured areas, implemented at neighborhood level in order to take into consideration the environmental context, risk factors, availability of resources and resilience capacities at a community level. This holistic approach entails a vulnerability-tailored assistance combined with a capacity building component.
Organisation of the mission
Nigeria mission is currently stabilizing the opening process. The coordination is expected to spend a consequent amount of time in Maiduguri, in direct support of field based operations.
Therefore, the mission has a coordination team based in between Abuja and Maiduguri, which includes a Head of Mission, an Administrative coordinator a Logistic Coordinator and a Program coordinator.
Operations are to be based in Maiduguri, Monguno and other relevant LGAs. In Maiduguri the team is currently composed of project manager(s), a logistician and an administrator.
The Monguno sub-base is composed of an activity manager supported solely by a Log/Admin assistant recruited as national staff.
A substantial expansion of the base staffing is more than likely before the end of the year.
About the job
- Following the recent and strong positioning of SI in Maiduguri and Monguno, Nigeria mission is opening a new position of Supply Coordinator, taking all Nigeria-related supply considerations.
- SI is looking for an emergency-focused, proactive and intuitive collaborator able to work under pressure and able to cope with a heavy workload due to the current scaling up of the mission.
- He/She will support the overall SI operations in all Borno state, in close coordination with the Head of Mission, the Logistic Coordinator and the different Program Managers.
- He/She insures that warehouse at base level are correctly managed and consolidates the monthly equipment inventories.
- He/She insures the capitalization of all information’s related to procurement and supply processes (prices and suppliers lists, import – export processes, taxes exemptions, custom clearance).
- He/She organizes trainings for Logistics staffs related to procurement and supply processes.
- He/She finally shows an outstanding ability to manage heavy workload and constant operational stress is required for this highly challenging position.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in International Relations, International Development, Humanitarian Studies, Logistics, Business, Management, or other related sectors 4 to 6 years of professional experience, including 2 to 3 years minimum in the humanitarian environment
- 2 years of experience as Logistic Coordinator, supply coordinator, supply officer, logistician.
- 2 years of experience in conflict and post-conflict contexts.
- Previous experience in insecure and access-hindered environment required.
- Ability to collect, manage and filter extensive amounts of information in real time
- Ability to develop quick and intuitive analysis
- Capacity to provide clear and well documented strategies
- Demonstrated networking capacity, including with national key stakeholders
- Ability and willingness to evolve in very fast paced environments and insecure contexts
- Strong synthesis and information dissemination skills
- Capacity to manage a multi-technical team.
Fluent in written and spoken English. Haoussa is an advantage.
Good knowledge in MS Office package: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power point, Microsoft Outlook.
Knowledge of basic GIS desirable.
SI will offer you:
Salaried post: According to experience from 2000 euros gross per month, plus 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly, and a monthly Per Diem of 750 USD.
Social and medical cover: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
Vacation: During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of one break every three months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7-day break during the 3rd and the 9th month (with 500 euros allocated by Solidarités). He or she will also be entitled to go back to his or her home country for a 14-day period after six months spent on the mission (Solidarités will cover travel costs).
During the assignment, the expatriate is entitled to R&R every three months: one week at three and nine months (with a 500 euro allowance) and two weeks at six months (with a plane ticket back home covered by Solidarités).
Method of Application
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB : The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
Interested and qualified? Go to Solidarites International career website on emea3.recruitmentplatform.com to apply