Latest Job Opportunity at CA Global
Posted on: 5 December, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at CA Global
CA Global - We are currently recruiting for a GM Ports and Operations for a large mining operation in West Africa. The candidate will be in an Executive Management position and have Full Operational Authority in terms of Port and Marine operations.
- To ensure safe, cost effective operation according to strategic specification and ensure continuous development of the Project.
- Primary focus will be to continuously ramp up the Port capabilities to ship and export the product and increase production according to business plans and objectives
- Ensure the Port meets agreed corporate expectations in terms of safety, cost, production quality and environmental objectives.
- To provide technical, commercial and strategic management for the Port Business Unit to maximize production in a safe and cost effective manner
- Supervision of the maintenance functions within the Port, Rail and Marine Business Unit, including engineering and maintenance of the rail, port and shipment facilities, the process plant and the marine equipment.
- Manage and negotiate contracts for operational contractors as well as service contractors.
- Develop Departmental strategy for achieving the agreed annual targets of the operation within a quality, cost, delivery, safety and morale framework.
- Responsible for management of vessels transportation, ensuring that loading and off-loading is correctly done and in line with business objectives and that vessels are available.
- Focus on the areas of Financials: Capital Cost, Plant availability, Throughput, Process Operating Costs and Capital Expenditure
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Tertiary studies BSc. Metallurgical Science, Mechanical Engineering, Master Mariner or similar
- Minimum of 15 years progressive management experience in a variety of port operations' including development, commissioning and expansion I
- Minimum 5 years' experience at General Manager level
- Fluent verbal and written English
- MS Office
- Knowledge of MS Access, SQL, SCADA systems is preferred Content
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Competitive Market Related USD net Salary
- Rotation is 6/3
- Contract Length is 24 months
- Travel time split 50/50
- All Expatriate Benefits included.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to CA Global career website on caglobal.catsone.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about CA GlobalSimilar Jobs
- HR Generalist/ Perssonal Assistant at Karbak Ventures Limited
- Job Openings at Karbak Ventures Limited
- General Manager, Business Development & Strategy at Aeti Power Systems and Controls Limited
- Production Manager at Tranos Contracting Limited
- Administrative Officers at RainBird Nigeria Limited
- Engineering Jobs at Orion Group
- Sales/Marketing Engineers at TIKS Automations and Control Limited
- Production Manager at Tranos