Lilygate Hotel located in the heart of Lekki Phase 1 is a new luxurious four star hotel with 74 rooms including 6 suites and a full range of facilities.
Report: General Manager / Managing Director
- Supervises all housekeeping employees, has the authority to hire or discharge, plans and assigns work assignments, give training for newly recruited employees, audit and inspects housekeeping personal work assignment and requisition supplies.
- Take care of the budget and budget controlling for the department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises all housekeeping employees, hires new employees as needed, discharges employees when necessary and take disciplinary actions when policies are not followed. Evaluates employees in order to upgrade them when openings arise.
- Plans the work for the housekeeping department and distributes assignments accordingly. Assigns regular duties and special duties for housekeeping staff. Schedules employees and assigns extra days off according to occupancy forecast. Maintains a time log book of all employees within the department.
- Recruit and train new employees. Assigns new employees to work with experienced help. Checks on the work of these employees occasionally and observes the report made by the supervisors.
- Approves all supply requisitions, such as those for spreads and bathroom rugs. Maintains a lost-and-found department and is responsible for all lost-and-found items. Determines the rightful owner and send correspondences.
Responsibility & Authority:
- Responsible for cleanliness, orderliness and appearance of the entire Hotel.
- Ensure that rooms are made as per company standard.
- Prepare Annual Housekeeping Budget.
- Maintain par stock of guest supplies, cleaning supplies, linen and uniform.
- Organize inventories with Accounts and General Store for linen, uniform and fixed assets.
- Pay particular attention while organizing pest eradication activities.
- Develop and implement Housekeeping systems and procedures
- Prepare reports for management information.
- Assist Purchase department in selecting suppliers for items related to Housekeeping.
- Plan, control and supervise Horticultural activities.
- Attending and resolving guest complaints.
- Verification of supplies consignments.
- Organize on-the job training and evaluate its effectiveness.
- Approval of the Functional Manual of the department.
- Recommend recruitment of new personnel.
Other Routine Responsibilities:
- Daily inspection of public areas and employees locker rooms.
- Daily briefing of Supervisors/ Executives.
- Coordinating the preventive maintenance schedule of rooms and public area with maintenance department.
- Immediately attending to guest requests.
- Strong Leadership abilities and organizational skills, Entrepreneurial, thinks out of the box and Able to drive change and look for operational efficiencies / synergies across the network.
- Three years Degree or Diploma in Hotel Management.
- Minimum 8 to 10 years of experience of which at least 2 to 3 years in similar role.
- Strong Operational/Technical Knowledge.
- Successful Pre-opening experience & records a distinct advantage
go to method of application »
Report to: General Manager / Managing Director
- Responsible to manage all aspects of maintenance staff on a daily basis. Directs, coordinates and performs routine, preventive and emergency interior / exterior maintenance and repairs to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of hotel operations.
- Directs the Engineering staff, accounting/budgeting, asset protection, inventory control and human resources.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Familiar and complies with the hotels mission and standards in performing maintenance activities.
- Maximise maintenance team potential with a balanced focus on operations, guests, employee and owners satisfaction.
- Represents the engineering department during the daily HOD morning meetings.
- Prioritise, plan, schedule assign and supervise the engineering department staff.
- Oversee the maintenance tasks, work orders and special projects ensuring timely and accurate completion.
- Respond to guest's maintenance needs promptly and ensure guests receive professional, efficient prompt and courteous service to hotel standards.
- Maintain the physical appearance and operational efficiency of the hotel including physical. Mechanical, electrical, plumbing etc.
- Installation & maintenance of all equipment related to HVAC, DG Sets, Water treatment, Fire Safety etc.
- Ensure proper records are kept relating to all plant and equipment for the hotel including repair and service records.
- Prepare reports as required by the Housekeeping Manager and General Manager.
- Ensure that stores have adequate stocks of materials, equipment and tools and are kept in a clean and safe environment.
- Take responsibility for the cleanliness and safety aspects of all plant and mechanical equipment rooms.
- Attend all Facility Management/Property meetings as required, passing on necessary information to the maintenance team in regular junior staff meetings.
- Ensure the proper use and periodic maintenance of all equipment.
- Perform daily and weekly property document inspections.
- Ensure property, grounds, physical plant and work areas are maintained to standard and that all safety equipment and conditions are to code.
- Establish and maintain department equipment and supply inventory levels appropriate to property requirements
- Provide training to staff on supplies, inventory, maintenance and ordering procedures.
- Train engineering department staff on correct maintenance procedures and assists in repairs as needed.
- Maintain, monitor and test hotel's emergency and security systems, features like Fire Alarm, CCTV, baggage scanners etc.
- Discuss with GM / Owner / Department heads on maintenance status and inspection reports.
- Respond to corporate and management inquires.
- Develop, implement, and direct all emergency programs.
- Develop, implement and manage energy conservation programs for the property to minimise expenses.
- Coordinate with the equipment suppliers for AMC and any outstanding issues.
- Ensure maintenance staff is wearing proper uniforms with name tag and upholds hotels grooming and hygiene standards.
- Responsible for quality service, meeting/exceeding financial goals, short and long term planning and day-to-day operations.
- Advanced knowledge of building management/engineering with positive attitude, Good communication skills and Committed to delivering a high level of customer service.
- Bachelor of Science, Diploma or College degree in Electrical or Civil Engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years maintenance experience and 3 years supervisory or manager experience in engineering hotel department.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Application letters and CV's to: email@example.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale