The company is a leading Shipping and Logistics establishment with headquarters in Nigeria and global offices in: China, U.S and Belgium. Following its rapid growth and continuous global expansion since its inception a decade ago, the company has built a reputation for offering solutions-driven and value-adding shipping and logistics services to various clients locally and globally.
The company has two main divisions: first, providing international Freight Forwarding and Logistics Services with functional expertise in: Air & Sea Freight, Warehousing & Distribution, Packing & Removal, Customs Clearance, LCL Consolidation, Trucking Services. The second division, provides Oil & Gas Project Logistics, Heavy Lift Haulage and out of gauge Cargo Handling among others. The company strategy is hinged on: Investing in its human capital and service quality, while upholding globally accepted standards of doing business.
TRACE-certified and positioning to become a trusted African brand in its businesses, the company is in the process of implementing a 10-year business growth and expansion drive that will propel it into its vision.
Opened to an experienced and self-driven, entrepreneurial-like individual – to oversee the business development function of the Port Harcourt office. The Commercial Manager will lead the organization’s strategic plan for: prospecting and converting leads into viable businesses for the company. The individual is required to have excellent networking and relationship management skills with a knack for identifying and creating opportunities for business.
The individual will be required to understand the service portfolio of the company, the Port Harcourt and South-South terrain – possessing a considerable network of contacts and relationships in the region. Work coverage will also cover: Owerri, Warri and Calabar.
Our Ideal Candidate will be expected to;
- Develop and execute short and long term strategies to meet the corporate revenue and profit objectives.
- Plan and forecast operational requirements for the Oil & Gas division.
- Conceptualize and develop commercially viable solutions that may be offered as advisory and/or executed services to clients in the industry.
- Develop and manage the sales pipeline of the business to ensure goals set are achieved.
- Supervise and provide leadership to the team in line with the company’s corporate values.
- Establish and monitor progress against key performance indicators for the business units
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain regular contact with subordinates to ensure smooth operations and compliance with industry standard, customs regulations and other required regulations / laws.
- Provide leadership in strategic business planning & implementation for the entire Oil & Gas division in line with the strategy of the group company.
- Liaise with HR to identify the gaps/needs of the team to improve capabilities and performance.
- Explore all possible opportunities such as seminars, conferences to increase and build a larger network and new opportunities for the company.
- Continually contribute to the success of the company by highlighting opportunities within the market and industry. This will include contributing to the sales/business development of the entire division.
- Manage the entire team towards achieving their set goals and targets
Experience and Qualification
- Minimum of 7-years’ relevant experience, with at least 3 years’ experience working in Port Harcourt or Lagos. Candidate must have at least 3 years working experience in the oil and gas logistics or support services industry or must be able to show knowledge of business development in these industries.
- Functional experience in Marketing, Sales or Business Development in any of the following industries: Banking, Logistics and Oil and Gas Services.
- Required to bring onboard an existing network of potential business leads, with a record of accomplishment for delivering on target or closing deals.
- Individuals that have served or been mentored by remarkable sales and business development managers are encouraged to apply.
- Experience in freight forwarding is an advantage.
go to method of application »
The Procurement Manager will be responsible for managing all purchase and supply relationship between the company and its suppliers. Will be required to identify potential suppliers (local and international), and negotiate and manage pricing with identified suppliers.
Specifically, the nature and scope of the role will include:
- Receiving all requisitions for Local Procurement as well as services.
- Maintaining relationship with vendors to assist with immediate response to enquiries.
- Identifying EPC companies and introduce the company’s procurement and marine services for possible business conversion.
- Ensuring that the items requested for are properly detailed and well captured.
- Conducting market surveys for product prices.
- Raising LPO’s to successful vendors, monitor supplies are delivered within stipulated time of the issuance of the Purchase Order.
- Liaising with Vendors and End-users to ensure that the correct material specifications are provided.
- Maintaining an updated LPO log which enables tracking and monitoring all LPO’s issued.
- Setting up frameworks for agreement and coordinating activities with the supply base, when and where required.
- Providing technical and commercial assistance to end users as may be required.
- Showing good knowledge of EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction), OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturers) in the Oil and Gas Industry.
Critical knowledge and skills required:
- Strong Negotiation Skills.
- Excellent Analytical Skills
- Proven ability to strategically control and manage cost
- A self-starter.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and oral.
- Good knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques
- Possess a minimum of 7 years’ relevant work experience with at least 3 years’ experience in purchasing and supply or Procurement position.
- Experience in procurement of oil and gas work tools including pipes, valves, hose etc.
- Membership of any of the following professional bodies an added advantage:
- Certified Institute of Purchasing and Supply Administration of Nigeria (CIPSAN),
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS)
- Project Management (PMI)
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.