Our client is one of the leading B2B chemical and allied services organisations in Nigeria whose operations include manufacturing, distribution, logistics and services. Our client is based in Lagos and has regional offices covering key centres in Nigeria such as Abuja, Kano, Aba and Onitsha. They also have offices in India, China, Dubai (UAE) and South Korea.
We are currently looking to help our client fill the role of HR Director.
Job Ref – PNHRD 01
The successful candidate will be responsible for the smooth and profitable operation of the human resources departments across the Group. He/she will supervise and provide consultation to management on strategic staffing plans, compensation, benefits, training and development and budget.
The HR director is required to lead performance management, talent assessment and effective labour relations including negotiating and administering labour agreements. He/she is expected to take leadership in developing and evaluating human resource-related initiatives and a culture that enables employees to perform in accordance to a firm’s objectives. Supports key business initiatives to recruit and develop talented professionals, grow performance capability, provide best practices in talent management and contribute to higher levels of employee engagement.
The HR director will oversee the management of four divisions;
- Client Services,
- HR Shared Services,
- Programmes, Policy and Strategy
- Employee Relations and Welfare
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Formulate and recommend human resources policies and programmes in line with company’s strategies and priorities, in the different areas related to Human resources, including institutional capacity building; career development; staff mobility; performance management, compensation and benefits management, and employee health and wellbeing.
- Plan, organize, direct and coordinate the Human Resources Department's work plan and related resource planning and utilization; assign projects and programmatic responsibilities; review and evaluate work methods and procedures; meet with staff to prevent and/or identify and resolve problems.
- Provide leadership and direction to management in the implementation of institutional and HR reforms by establishing appropriate linkages to the operational strategy of the organisation.
- Advise senior management on the vision and strategic framework for the management of its human resources and the supporting policies and practices in order to make the most effective use of company staff
- Drive change management programs and effective culture changes that are required to ensure the success of the organization.
- Create, implement and revise HR strategy that is aligned with the organisation’s vision, mission, strategic objectives, as well as operations;
- Provide leadership in the development of the organisation’s human resources policies, rules, regulations, norms and standards; ensuring their successful dissemination across the company and alignment to international practice and legal requirements.
- Manage and supervise HR Managers, supporting them to achieve strategic and operational targets.
- Promote a focused and team based culture, to ensure consistent service across the department.
- Plan, organize, direct and supervise human resources planning, recruitment, placement, performance management, career development, compensation and benefits, and health and well-being of employees, and determine the appropriate organizational structure of the department.
- Ensure appropriate systems of performance management and development, communications, quality measures, monitoring and review are in place to support organizational change, culture and values.
Key Performance Indicators
- Percentage of successful programs deployed, for maximizing productivity in the workplace.
- Performance of HR Managers
- Implementation of HR strategy in line with organizational goals
- Time taken to resolve conflicts among employees
- Efficiency of investment into employee career development
- Percentage of reduction in recruiting costs per year
- Recruitment source ratio; internal- external applicants
- Percentage of successful implementations of change management programs to increase organizations success and productivity
- Training Return on Investment (ROI)
- Employee satisfaction index
- Employee engagement level
- Employee Value Add
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum Education Qualification- A Master’s degree in Human Resources or related disciplines
- At least fifteen (15) years of extensive and progressive experience in Human Resource Management of which seven (7) years should have been at a managerial level.
- Working experience in a multilateral development organization is an asset
- Demonstrate experience of working in a client-centric, business partnering environment.
- Strong generalist HR experience, especially in; (i) supporting managers and staff in planning and implementing change (ii) employee relations, well-being and work life balance, (iii) people search, selection and retention, (iv) compensation design, implementation, and management, (v) equal opportunities and employment policies, (v)management of HR information systems and processes, (vi) performance management and assessment, (vii)people planning, career planning, career planning and succession management
- Demonstrable experience executing organizational transformational change and improvement of processes.
- Sound understanding of the business and operational needs with proven capacity to innovate, promote and direct change initiatives in corporate human resource policies and services in large organization
- Proven experience in HR Management theories and principles, policy and strategy development, employee relations, personnel administration and different functional areas of Human Resources.
- Proven record of building and managing teams and creating an enabling environment, including the ability to effectively lead, supervise, mentor and develop and evaluate staff
- Must be result autonomous, result oriented, self-motivated and possess the ability to combine both “hands on,” strategy and policy issues.
- Advanced ability to plan and organize, and deliver under pressure and good problem- solving, people management skills as well as the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to deal with all levels of the organization effectively and diplomatically.
- Proven interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to work in multi-cultural, multiethnic environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity and the ability and the ability to build trust and provide consultancy to different stakeholders
- Group C.E.O
- Senior Management and
- HR Department
The ideal candidate for this role will be responsible for the smooth and profitable operation of the human resources departments across the group. He/she will supervise and provide consultation to management on strategic staffing plans, compensation, benefits, training and development and budget. The successful individual will have no less than at least fifteen (15) years of extensive and progressive experience in Human Resource Management of which seven (7) years should have been at a managerial level.
Method of Application
All interested candidates should send in their CVs and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title and reference above as subject.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.