Engineering Vacancy at 360 Degree Habitat Limited
Posted on: 3 December, 2016
Deadline: 31 December, 2016
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at 360 Degree Habitat Limited
360 Degree Habitat Limited, is currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Resident Engineer.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Manage contractors and coordinate with outside agencies, design professionals and other project participants in the successful execution of the construction, schedule, cost, contract administration and quality aspects of buildings/highway/bridge construction projects
- Overseeing the technical aspects and Supervising the progress of various construction projects.
- Provide supervision/direction/training of staff with Inspection, documentation, and safety awareness
- Review design of building structures. Investigate and recommend design changes to the plans
- Responsible for bidding various documents related to construction aswell as evaluating the bids of the contractor.
- Starting equipments and process systems in order to turn it over to the construction staff.
- Supervising the field staff in order to ensure that quality is maintained.
- Supervising inspectors, administrators and sub contractors regarding technical aspects.
- Estimating the cost and quantity of materials required in a project.
- Ensuring that quality is maintained the construction process.
- Identifying technical faults and trying to rectify.
- Coordinate with contractor, client, and staff daily to ensure the project is constructed in accordance with the plans and specifications
- Interpret, organize, execute, manage and coordinate assignments on projects
- Identify/communicate resources needed to address successful execution of projects
- Monitor construction project activities and maintain proper documentation of the work
- Provide advice/consultation to client on construction matters, including compliance with federal/state laws & regulations
- Manage several projects at one time and be highly organized
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Ensure materials meet specification and contract requirements
- Prepare and process change orders
- Attend progress meetings and prepare meeting minutes
- Review and recommend approval/denial on contractors' submittals
- Oversee and develop staff
- Assist in development of new business, marketing to potential and existing clients
- Bachelor's degree/HND in Civil Engineering or Road/Highway Engineering or a relevant field of Engineering.
- 3-5+ years of experience with construction/Supervision of buildings/highways/roads/bridges
- Extensive knowledge of highway/bridge design, construction and materials
- Able to effectively communicate and negotiate with contractors and clients
- Working knowledge of State/Federal Highway and Bridge Construction specifications & construction contract administration procedures
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Needs to possess excellent communication skills.
- Must have the aptitude for time management.
- Should have the ability to solve problems that are complex. Possessing mathematical skills is a must.
- Must possess good technical knowledge.
- Knowledge of working with computer aided software.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send their applications to email@example.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about 360 Degree Habitat LimitedSimilar Jobs
- General Ledger (GL) Accountants at Machineyard.
- Warehouse Manager at Nigerdock
- Graduate Cartoonists/Graphics Illustrators at EPCM Engineers Limited
- Career Opportunities at Machineyard
- Sales Managers at MAN Diesel Turbo
- Channel Business Managers at Honeywell Process Solutions (HPS)
- Job Vacancies at TRANOS
- Job Vacancies at Aldelia Limited