Customer Service Executive at Damco Nigeria
Posted on: 2 December, 2016
Deadline: 9 December, 2016
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View All Jobs at Damco Nigeria
Damco is one of the world's leading third party logistics providers specialising in customised freight forwarding and supply chain solutions. The company has about 11,000 employees working in more than 300 offices around the world and a global presence in about 100 countries. Damco is part of the Maersk Group.
- Active participation in the company growth strategy
- Ability to link client needs with Damco's solutions portfolio
- Knowledge of the freight forwarding industry
- Ensure Damco delivers the product sold to customers.
- Support CS documentation in opening and closing of files in due time.
- Coordinate handling of file between departments and ensure file is handled in a timely manner
- Manage the cost reduction plan in compliance to company policy without implications for any delays.
- Manage written correspondence between OPS department and CS Units on daily updates on CHB progress.
- Confirm and verify declarations before assessment customs duty amount and HS code (s) used.
- Advice and guide CS on queries encountered during verification/examination and discuss/agree on a workable solution to be advised to clients.
- Follow up on cargo delivery status.
- Ensure final documents are returned to documentations for invoices to be raised timely.
- Monitor and manage goods delivered from the airport are received in good condition to avoid exposures.
- Ensure all targets are met and performance indicators are measured
- Ensure the team Update fields in TrakIT in a timely and correct manner.
- Organize KPI review meetings with Airfreight CHB team and flag improvement plans thru WILO sessions.
- Maintain and enhance close working relationships with CS, Sales, finance teams and govt. authorities.
- Ensure operational excellence and coordination
- Ensure pro-active communication internally and externally.
- Ensure all issues affecting Damco are addressed within Organization as deemed required.
Who we are looking for:
- A Degree in business management, social sciences or equivalent is desirable.
- Proficient in English as well as relevant local languages (verbal and written).
- Minimum 3 year of experience in customer service department for a fast-paced service company.
- Minimum 2 year logistics operations experience will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communicator, persuasive and enjoy solving problems.
- Ability to work in a team.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Damco Nigeria career website on jobsearch.maersk.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Damco NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Chief Security Officer at Impex Worldwide Inc
- Project Sourcing Manager, Nigeria at eRecruiter Nigeria
- Marketing Executives at Daudeen Freight Forwarding Limited
- Dispatch Riders and Cyclists at Kwiiki
- Logistics Officer at a Haulage and Logistics Firm - Peridot Forte Solutions Consulting
- Experienced Marketing Executives at Connect Rail Services Limited
- Marketers at Total Logistics Executive Ryde ltd
- Experienced Dispatch Riders at Nationdelivery