Accountant at PeoplePrime
Posted on: 1 December, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at People Prime
PeoplePrime was launched to bring greater definition and thrust to our permanent recruitment and objective assessment services. PeoplePrime focuses on the following key areas:
Permanent Recruitment (bulk, individual and graduate recruitment)
Executive Search and Selection
Career Development and Counselling
Objective Assessments using tools by Saville & Holdsworth UK
Reference Number: PP197
- Assist accounts operations.
- Organize the timely flow of accounts information.
- Ensure VAT, PAYE, income tax and any other tax returns of the Company are submitted and paid promptly to the Federal and State Tax Authorities.
- Ensure that VAT and withholding tax certificates of the Company are properly tracked collected and filed promptly.
- Participate in special accounting/administrative projects initiated by the General Manager in conjunction with the Financial Manager. Assist in preparing monthly financial report package by required date in accordance with the company’s requirements for presentation to the General Manager and Financial Manager.
- Assist in preparing quarterly financial report package in accordance with the Company’s requirements and on schedule for presentation as above.
- Assist the Financial Manager in preparing monthly cash flow for submission.
- Prepare monthly payroll and maintain payroll records
- Ensure that all cash expenditure and expense accounts are properly recorded and reported, and any shortfalls or unaccounted for advances are reported monthly for further action with the Financial Manager.
- Ensure that all expense reports and petty cash returns are forwarded to the General Manager for approval.
- Ensure all registers of accounts and petty-cash are kept updated and reconciled for approval.
- Oversee invoicing and invoice trading Oversee debtor management
- SPECIFIC ADDITIONAL DUTIES:
- Perform administrative functions as instructed by the General Manager within the framework agreed by the Manager.
- Ensure accounting records are properly maintained, systematically filed and up-to-date at all times in compliance with accepted standards and legal requirements.
- Adhere to the Company’s management system and ensure that all works are carried out in accordance with published procedures.
- Actively adhere to and improve the Company’s management system on quality and HSE issues.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Proficient in the use of accounting and financing reporting software/ERP
- Analytical skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Supervisory skills.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- IT/computer literate.
- Desired Personal Attributes
- Self driven and Result oriented.
- Team Player
- Attention to details.
- Willing to travel (for trainings or assignments outside Nigeria).
Prerequisites (minimum requirement)
Bachelor of Science (BSc) - Second Class Lower
3 - 6 years
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to People Prime career website on www.peopleprime.net to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about People PrimeSimilar Jobs
- Fund Account Officers at Integrated Corporate Services Limited - ICSL
- Senior Research And Development Officers at BP Business Solutions
- Job Opportunities at Lonadek Nigeria
- Latest Jobs at 25th and Staffing
- Job Openings at GlobalProfilers
- Market Developer Chemicals at Groupe Aldelia
- Sales & Business Development Managers at Kimberly Ryan Limited
- Office Assistant/ Secretary at SeptMax Nigeria Limited