Application Support Analyst at CITIBANK
Posted on: 1 December, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at CITIBANK
Citi has been doing business in Nigeria since 1984. The bank formerly operated under the name Nigeria International Bank Limited, but was renamed to Citibank Nigeria Limited (Citi Nigeria) in 2008 to fully align with Citi's global brand and identity.
The bank has a strategic business focus in Nigeria specializing mainly in Corporate Banking and servicing mostly corporate clients. Citi Nigeria offers a broad range of services, including global transaction services, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions (including other banks) and public sector organizations.
Job ref 16059344
- To manage delivery and implementation of new applications as per TTS Technology and business management requirements.
- Providing application functionality expertise to TTS Technology and Business units. Understanding technology industry trends, how they impact our future solutions and provide strategic direction for TTS Technology and Business community.
- Provide regular feedback in the form of MIS to TTS Technology and Business units on performance of application delivery and implementations.
- Manage the TTS Technology controls and compliance process as applicable to the application support function.
- Business requirements elicitation on projects of all sizes, involving
- Stakeholder analysis and effective engagement with stakeholders at all levels
- Facilitation of workshops and meetings
- Problem analysis
- Process mapping
- Elicitation and documentation of high-level business requirements and functional/nonfunctional requirements
- Maintenance of a requirements traceability matrix.
- Contribution towards the design and procurement of IT and business solutions, through
- Close working with local and regional technical teams as well as suppliers to ensure business requirements are met by technical solutions
- Production of Requests for Proposals and similar documents
- Evaluation of third-party solutions
- Design and mapping of new and changed business processes
- Design of new and changed business roles, information flows, business documentation, and training, as required.
- Contribution towards the testing of IT and business solutions, through
- Producing, or assisting with the production of, test cases and scripts
- Support of user acceptance testing.
- Contribution towards the implementation of IT and business solutions, through
- Liaison between IT staff and the business areas to ensure the effective implementation of technical components
- Close working with business staff to implement changed business processes so that continuity is not impacted
- Driving the delivery of projects and taking responsibility for key project management activities for smaller projects and support for more complex ones.
- Providing project management support to business managers who are responsible for delivering larger projects.
- Support of business staff, at all points of the project lifecycle, who will sometimes be working in the role of business analyst or project manager on smaller projects.
- Managing production support for local and regional application including the Core Banking application
- Managing changes in local application including functionality changes and bug fixes. working with regional support teams to manage changes on regional applications.
- Supporting the business process automation and lean engineering effort of the business.
- Ideally, currently working in a large financial institute either as a permanent staff or as a consultant
- Extensive exposure to core banking application and other transactional financial systems
- Previous experience of project and implementation management is essential.
- Previous experience of application development is desirable.
- University Degree in Applied Numerate Science or Engineering
- Knowledge and understanding of technology operating environments and databases
- Programming Skills
- 0-2 Years Working Experience in Software Development
- Excellent Numerical Skills
- Analytical and innovative skills
- Excellent communication skills (including listening)
- Ability to work in a team
- Excellent knowledge of technology operating environments.
- Knowledge financial systems and processes.
- Working knowledge of programming and development techniques.
- MS Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project)
- Controls and compliance knowledge
- Strong customer delivery focus
- Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server (any one of these)
- Excellent communication skills (including listening)
- A team player
- An enthusiastic ‘can do’ approach
- A positive and pro-active attitude
- A history of delivering against agreed objectives
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to CITIBANK career website on citi.taleo.net to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about CITIBANKSimilar Jobs
- IBD Analyst/Associate at Exotix
- Division Manager, Capital Market Development at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- Career Opportunities at First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank)
- Business Development / Deal Origination Officer at Nexus Capital Markets, LLC
- Career Opportunities at Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Career Opportunities at Dangote Group
- Relationship Managers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Career Opportunities at Wema Bank Plc